User forums > Nightly builds

The 22 January 2022 build (12672) is out.

<< < (3/4) > >>

eckard_klotz:
Hello Miguel Gimenez.

Here you are:

--- Quote ---C:\Users\Eckard>PATH
PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x64;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\VAIO Startup Setting Tool;C:\Program Files (x86)\T-Online\T-Online_Software_6\Basis-Software\Basis2\;C:\Tool\DEVELO~1\Graphiz\GRAPHV~1\bin\Graphviz\bin;C:\Tool\Development\Doxygen\DoxyGen_1_8_7\bin\bin;C:\Tool\Development\MscGen\V_0_2_0\bin\Mscgen;C:\Tool\Development\MinGW\MinGW_4_8_1_3_DW2\bin;C:\Tool\Development\MinGW\MinGW_4_9_2\bin;C:\Tool\Development\Doxygen\DoxyGen_1_8_8\bin\bin;C:\Tool\Office\LaTeX\LyX\Release\Perl\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Tool\Development\Doxygen\DoxyGen_1_8_11\release\doxygen\bin;C:\Tool\Development\Doxygen\DoxyGen_1_8_12\release\bin;C:\Tool\Development\Doxygen\DoxyGen_1_8_13\release\doxygen\bin;C:\Tool\Development\PuTTy\bin\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Tool\Development\SVN\Tortoise\Install\bin;C:\Tool\Development\GIT\Installed\cmd;C:\Tool\Development\MinGW\MinGW_9_2_0_TDM\bin_64\bin;C;C:\Tool\Office\LaTeX\CTAN\texlive\2020\bin\win32;C:\Users\Eckard\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;
--- End quote ---

Best regards,
                     Eckard Klotz.

Miguel Gimenez:
Please restore your compiler toolchain configuration (with the global variables) and check if it works.

eckard_klotz:
Hello Miguel Gimenez.

--- Quote ---@eckard_klotz: Works here with the last version, have you tried after restoring the configuration?.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Please restore your compiler toolchain configuration (with the global variables) and check if it works.
--- End quote ---

The question is what do you understand as "restoring the configuration" ?

When I read that it is working for you I tried it again and yes you are right it was working as wanted:

* The revision 12672 has not started the "Compilers Auto Detection" dialogue
* The compiler settings contain all global variables as configured manually.
The reconstruction was done based on the conf-file left by the  revision 12672 yesterday.

* I have just replaced the literal information by the global variables.
Now I wondered what I have done wrongly yesterday

* I repeated step by step what I have done but with a different conf-file I have not used since August 2021.
* Furthermore please notice, that I have used until yesterday the revision 12516 from August the 15th 2021.
* Attached you will find a ZIP-file with screen shots and conf-files I mention in the description below.

* I started Code::Blocks revision 12516 with the configuration "MinGW_9_2_0_64bit_TDM_Original.conf"

* No "Compilers Auto Detection" dialogue occurred.
* The configuration of the "Compiler Toolchain Executables" contained global variables ("CB_12516_compiler_toolchain_executables.png").
* After closing Code::Blocks the file "MinGW_9_2_0_64bit_TDM_ref12516.conf" was stored.
* Now I started Code::Blocks revision 12672 with the conf-file stored by the revision 12516 "MinGW_9_2_0_64bit_TDM_ref12516.conf".

* The "Compilers Auto Detection" dialogue occurred.
* The configuration of the "Compiler Toolchain Executables" contained not all global variables as desired but a lot of literal configurations ("CB_12762_compiler_toolchain_executables.png").
* After closing Code::Blocks the file "MinGW_9_2_0_64bit_TDM_ref12762.conf" was stored.
* Please notice, that this file is 3 kb larger than the original one.
* Now I have corrected the content of the new conf-file by reconstructing the gcc configuration as present in the original conf-file.

* I left anything else as stored by the revision 12762.
* At the end I started Code::Blocks revision 12762 with the corrected configuration "MinGW_9_2_0_64bit_TDM_ref12672_Corrected.conf."

* No "Compilers Auto Detection" dialogue occurred.
* The configuration of the "Compiler Toolchain Executables" contained global variables as desired.
OK, after a manual correction of the configurations overwritten by Code::Blocks it is keeping the global variables again.

* For a single user this may be a workaround.
* But the user has to check every single configuration he has done in the past to ensure not to oversee a hidden modification.
* Furthermore, this has to be done with every revision change since the user could not know when the conf-file format was changed.
I know where the conf-files are located on my computer:

* C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\CodeBlocks
* Thus I have the chance to store the conf-files before changing the Code::Blocks revision to compare it later with the conf-files stored by the new revision
* But how many Code::Blocks users are realy able to do the same

Best regards,
                    Eckard Klotz.

AndyJ:
Not specific to this nightly but since the website updates the RSS link specified in the first email:

> Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

now longer seems to work which is a shame as I used to find the updates on a new release useful

Thanks for all the good work,

Andy

Xaviou:

--- Quote from: AndyJ on February 03, 2022, 11:48:32 am ---Not specific to this nightly but since the website updates the RSS link specified in the first email:

> Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

now longer seems to work which is a shame as I used to find the updates on a new release useful

Thanks for all the good work,

Andy

--- End quote ---
You can use the following : http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?type=rss;sa=news;action=.xml;board=20;limit=10

Regards
Xav'

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version