User forums > Nightly builds

The 22 January 2022 build (12672) is out.

(1/4) > >>

killerbot:
We switched to wx 3.1.5 --> download the new wx dll's see link below

Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll(s) for Code::Blocks : https://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/wxmsw31u_gcc_cb_wx315_2D_gcc810-mingw64.7z
A link to Mingw64 dll's needed by Code::Blocks : http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/Mingw64dlls8.1.0.7z

The 22 January 2022 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/2022/CB_20220122_rev12672_win64.7z
  - Linux :
   none

The current SDK version is : 2.16.0

Resolved Fixed:

* Build: Add DisplayEvents plugin to autotools.
* Rework Drag and Drop: Complete rework of dnd in project tree and editor. Fix (Ticket #1169)
* Do not use system path when evaluating compilers.
* Fix missing target selection choice in compiler's toolbar (Linux with GTK3).
* Fix compiler version detection on non-MSW systems.
* Fix compilation of C::B with C::B using CodeBlocks_wx30-unix.workspace (tested on Ubuntu 20.04, ticket #1181).
* DnD: Clean up code from r12660. Support DnD of files to virtual folders (fix Ticket #1170 and #1169)
* Fix crash on MAC introduced in [r12597] (thanks Xaviou for reporting and testing).
* Change MSW version of Compiler::Execute() so it behaves like the non-MSW version.
* Add DisplayEvents core plugin to codeblocks.spec.in and codeblocks.spec.fedora.in (ticket #1182
* SDK: Add Windows 10 and 11 detection to platform::WindowsVersion().
* Project importer: Fix memory leak (thanks Andrew Cottrel for pointing it out).
Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

gd_on:
just because it hurts my eyes  ;D, january is with an y  ::)
Anyway, thanks for your work  ;)

killerbot:
solved :-)

eckard_klotz:
Dear All.

I wish you a happy and healthy new year.

Thanks to all developers for the ongoing effort in the further development of Code::Blocks.

Unfortunately with this nightly (12672) Code::Blocks is not able any more to deal with a compiler-configuration that is based on global variables.

I use global variables to define all properties necessary to configure the "Compiler Toolchain Executables"
Furthermore I use different "conf" files and call Code::Blocks like this:

* codeblocks.exe --personality="ask"

The result is that Code::Blocks provides me a choice-list that allows me to start it with one of several different compiler configurations.
For this I do all adjustments in the global variables of the associated "conf" file and I don't use the automatic compiler-detection.

Now I recognized that with this nightly (12672) Code::Blocks seems not be able to deal with the use of the global variables to configure the "Compiler Toolchain Executables" any more.

* It is showing at the beginning a dialogue, that lists all automatically found and not found build-suits and it is not able to cancel it.
* The result of this is that most of the global variables in the configuration of the "Compiler Toolchain Executables" will be replaced by hard content (directories and executable names).
* Unfortunately this is not only an optical effect in the "Compiler Toolchain Executables" dialogue. But the corresponding "conf" file will be modified in the same way.
For me it is very essential to do the configuration of the "Compiler Toolchain Executables" based on global variables

* The same global variables will be used for other configurations in the project files.
* As long this global variables are used everywhere, a reconfiguration has to be done only once in the settings of the global variables.
* If the uses of global variables for the "Compiler Toolchain Executables" is not possible any more, a second reconfiguration here has to be done extra.
* It is just a question of time when double configuration runs in maintenance problems.   

The issue occurs not with the nightly before (12655)

I attached some screenshots and the original "conf" file that contains the global variable based configuration of the "Compiler Toolchain Executables".

We have already discussed a similar issue associated with this here:

* https://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,24487.msg167084.html#msg167084
I'm working on Windows 7.

Please stay well and healthy,
                                        Eckard Klotz.

Miguel Gimenez:
I do not see changes directly related to your problem, the only candidate would be 12661 but it does not mess with global variables.

Can you post yur path?

Can you build C::B?. If so, change this (in sdk/compiler.cpp:1346)

--- Code: ---        wxSetEnv("PATH", path);

--- End code ---
to

--- Code: ---        wxSetEnv("PATH", path+origPath);

--- End code ---

recompile and test codeblocks.exe from the devel31 folder. If this does not work you can do a bisection.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version