User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Using CodeBlocks to debug itself.

<< < (2/2)

AndrewCot:
I would suggest you go back and start again and do the following to ensure your setup is correct as I cannot help with your existing setup as it has not been tested yet to my knowledge:

1) Remove all existing C::B installations.
2) Install the latest nightly into say C:\Program Files (x86)\codeblocks as per the nightly instructions.
3) Check that MSYS64 MINGW64 is installed in C:\msys64\mingw64. If not then remove ore rename your existing MSYS2 directory to say <existing name>.backup and install the MSYS2 Mingw64 packages. I think the following are the main ones, but in my script I install a bunch more:   

pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-toolchain msys2-runtime-devel zip unzip mingw-w64-clang-x86_64-toolchain     

pacman -Syu
4) Check that you can create a simple printf hello world and that it runs5) Grab the CB SF SVN source with NO mods6) Follow the instructions in the attached file.
Once you have C::B working with MSYS2 Mingw64 build then you can try the ucrt64 as you have a working starting point, which you do  not have at the moment.

everSome:
Out of curiosity, how is the current interface to gdb implemented? From 4 November 2012, the wiki page "Debugger plugin" states "The next generation of debugger plugin will use the GDB-MI interface, and it is under developement, but it is at least usable." While the GDB wiki in their "GDB front ends and other tools" page
https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/GDB%20Front%20Ends
lists Code::Blocks under the section:
1.3. Using the old (deprecated) annotations mechanism (please fix them!)

AndrewCot:
The current GDB debugger plugin uses the annotations mechanism and unfortunately it does not build against the latest SVN C::B code due to changes in C::B since it was last worked on.

Search the forum for "GDBMI" and read up if you want to help out with it. To save yourself time in case you do not come across the GDBMI plugin redo in the forum it is: https://github.com/obfuscated/cb_gdbmi .
If you do want to work on it then I would suggest if you get stuck on something then have a look at CodeLite source as it has a working GDBMI debugger and you can see how it works and borrow the concepts if needed to get past what you are stuck on.

ollydbg:
Hi, everSome, some one put the similar method (calling sh/bash, and run script in the sh/bash) in the wx forum.

See here: MSYS2 wx-config from command prompt (CMD) workaround / fix

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version