User forums > Help

[SOLVED] Squirrel Build Script Syntax Error: expected 'IDENTIFIER'

(1/2) > >>

The_GTA:
Dear CB community, I have compiled the most recent Code::Blocks nightly revision 12655 on Ubuntu 20.04 using wxWidgets 3.1.5, GTK 3. When I try to run any of my Code::Blocks Squirrel build scripts I receive the following error:

--- Quote ---Invalid build script: script
First seen in: project
Error:
  expected 'IDENTIFIER'
--- End quote ---

Content of the script:

--- Code: ---function SetBuildOptions(base)
{

}
--- End code ---

What do I have to do to fix it? Please help me!

jordi:
Hi,
It seems an issue related to Character Encoding.
Could you open the file and save it as UTF-8?
I think that Squirell is compiled without Unicode support.
Regards

The_GTA:

--- Quote from: jordi on January 17, 2022, 10:16:11 pm ---Hi,
It seems an issue related to Character Encoding.
Could you open the file and save it as UTF-8?
I think that Squirell is compiled without Unicode support.
Regards

--- End quote ---
Glad to hear from you, jordi!

I have tried switching to UTF-8 encoding but the same error has appeared. If you have managed to create a working version of the Squirrel build script yourself, could you please share it with me? I am really confused by this.

A different error did show if I switched to UTF-8 with BOM, though. Then it did complain about "expression expected" instead. I have never tried this encoding before and previously all my scripts were stored as Code Page Property (SciTE).

Last time I tried to compile using Squirrel build scripts was in revision 12312 and it worked back then. Since then a lot of changes have been made, including to the Squirrel source and build files... Could this issue be related to the changes?

BlueHazzard:
base is a keyword in squirrel, so you have to use an other parameter variable name

The_GTA:

--- Quote from: BlueHazzard on January 18, 2022, 01:08:30 am ---base is a keyword in squirrel, so you have to use an other parameter variable name

--- End quote ---
I have followed the example on this Code::Blocks documentation page:

https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Build_scripts

If the example is faulty then could you please get somebody to fix it?

EDIT: I have confirmed that renaming the variable to "cbase" has fixed the syntax error. Thank you very much for the hint, BlueHazzard! 👍👍👍

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version