Author Topic: The 16 Januari 2022 build (12655) is out.  (Read 17195 times)

Offline Xaviou

• Regular
    • X@v's wxStuff
Re: The 16 Januari 2022 build (12655) is out.
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2022, 04:20:18 pm »
Thank you for testing...

Code
#include <wx/dataobj.h>
#include <wx/dnd.h>
#include <wx/dataobj.h>

what about this in src/projectmanagerui.h:12 ?
It seems to work (even with only one #include <wx/dataobj.h>  ;D )

I've re-launched a full rebuild on the last revision (12672) with these modifs to see.
But I won't be able to see the result before a few hours : sorry.

i looked into it and it seems that building for macos without buying an mac is impossible...
what a shame waled garden...
Even with a real mac, it's not easy  :-\

Regards
Xav'
The french wxWidgets site : http://www.wxdev.fr
My wxWidgets's stuff : https://wxstuff.xaviou.fr/

Offline Xaviou

• Regular
    • X@v's wxStuff
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2022, 10:00:33 pm »
Can you test drag and drop for me if the build works? I have no mac to test this, and i have the worry that DnD does not work on wxCocca

Buid of rev 16672 is ok if adding the 2 includes specified above.
But DnD doesn't work :
  • tested with an existing project : tried to drag a file between a virtual folder to another but the file isn't moved
  • tested with a basic project : tried to drag a file between the classic "sources" file to a virtual folder but it doesn't work

Regards
Xav'

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2022, 10:04:04 pm »
    tested with an existing project : tried to drag a file between a virtual folder to another but the file isn't moved
    tested with a basic project : tried to drag a file between the classic "sources" file to a virtual folder but it doesn't work

***** i knew it......

And dragging files from outside to:
1) An open editor
2) The project Tree
3) To a specific project in the project tree
4) To a virtual folder in a project tree

thank you for testing

Offline Xaviou

• Regular
    • X@v's wxStuff
A
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2022, 11:07:38 am »
Hi

I finally took the time to make the DnD tests (sorry I didn't thought about these ones when I made the firsts tests).

Here are the results :

Dragging files from outside to:
1) An open editor : opens a new editor tab with this file but don't add the file to the current project : it is opened as an external file.
2) The project Tree : On the workspace entry of the tree, it does nothing. On a project entry, it add the files to the project. But it has not the exact same behavior than using "Project -> Add files". With DnD, the file is added to the project but it isn't "activated" for any build target". With menu entries, a dialog box appears to select the targets to with this file belongs.
3) To a specific project in the project tree : Tested with a multi-projects tree. The dragged files are added to the active project only, even if I drop them on another project.
4) To a virtual folder in a project tree : The files are correctly added to the selected virtual folder, with the same restrictions than for step 2

I also obtained a lot of crashs during the tests (and most of the time, I had to kill the Code::Blocks process using the activity monitor).
All these crashs appeared if I tried to make more than one DnD test with a C::B session (sometimes but rarely, I was able to make 2 following successfull tests, but never more).

I've attached 3 debug reports if it can help. (they seems to contain the same informations).

Regards
Xav'

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2022, 10:05:36 pm »
Thank you a lot for testing.

I hopefully have fixed the found bugs in svn now.

I am not 100% sure if dragging tree items works on mac, because i have seen some code that uses an #ifdef for mac for tree internal drag and drop, but this code was older then the last DnD rework in wx.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: The 16 Januari 2022 build (rev12655) is out.
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2022, 10:38:52 pm »
Running the nightly source (12655) under the debugger gets an assert from Setting/Environment.
Anyone else getting this?

« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 10:41:05 pm by Pecan »

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2022, 09:05:35 am »
There are some of these, I fix them when they appear.

I'll take care of it.

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2022, 09:17:41 am »
Fixed in [r12678]. wxSmith by default generates horizontal and vertical center flags, and one of them will always raise an assert.

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2022, 10:01:41 am »
The following xrc files also have a wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL flag setting in at least one of the spacer widgets in the file:src\plugins\classwizard\resources\new_class.xrc
src\plugins\codecompletion\resources\settings.xrc
src\plugins\contrib\SpellChecker\wxspellchecker\bin\resource.xrc
src\plugins\contrib\wxSmithSTC\stedit\src\stedit.xrc
src\sdk\resources\findreplacedlg.xrc
src\sdk\resources\global_uservars.xrc
src\src\resources\app_compiler_settings.xrc
src\src\resources\editor_configuration.xrc
src\src\resources\env_settings.xrc
src\src\resources\project_options.xrc
Do these also need fixing?

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2022, 10:16:29 am »
Only if they generate an assert when debugging.

Searching for "wxALIGN_CENTER_HORIZONTAL|wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL" finds a lot in Fortran project (omitted) and these:
Code
C:\Codeblocks\src\plugins\contrib\SpellChecker\wxspellchecker\src\SpellCheckerOptionsDialog.cpp|89|pSizer->Add(5, 5, 0, wxALIGN_CENTER_HORIZONTAL|wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL|wxALL, 5); // Spacer|
C:\Codeblocks\src\plugins\contrib\cb_koders\kodersdialog.cpp|38|bszIntro->Add(lblIntro, 0, wxEXPAND|wxALIGN_CENTER_HORIZONTAL|wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL, 5);|
C:\Codeblocks\src\plugins\contrib\cb_koders\kodersdialog.cpp|48|bszMain->Add(bszSearch, 0, wxTOP|wxEXPAND|wxALIGN_CENTER_HORIZONTAL|wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL, 5);|
C:\Codeblocks\src\plugins\contrib\cb_koders\kodersdialog.cpp|86|bszMain->Add(bszFilter, 0, wxTOP|wxEXPAND|wxALIGN_CENTER_HORIZONTAL|wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL, 5);|
C:\Codeblocks\src\plugins\contrib\wxSmithContribItems\wxflatnotebook\wxsFlatNotebook.cpp|109|StaticBoxSizer1->Add(Label, 0, wxBOTTOM|wxEXPAND|wxALIGN_CENTER_HORIZONTAL|wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL, 5);|
C:\Codeblocks\src\plugins\contrib\wxSmithContribItems\wxflatnotebook\wxsFlatNotebook.cpp|110|FlexGridSizer1->Add(StaticBoxSizer1, 1, wxLEFT|wxRIGHT|wxEXPAND|wxALIGN_CENTER_HORIZONTAL|wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL, 5);|
C:\Codeblocks\src\plugins\contrib\wxSmithContribItems\wxflatnotebook\wxsFlatNotebook.cpp|114|StaticBoxSizer2->Add(Selected, 1, wxBOTTOM|wxEXPAND|wxALIGN_CENTER_HORIZONTAL|wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL, 5);|
C:\Codeblocks\src\plugins\contrib\wxSmithContribItems\wxflatnotebook\wxsFlatNotebook.cpp|115|FlexGridSizer1->Add(StaticBoxSizer2, 1, wxLEFT|wxRIGHT|wxEXPAND|wxALIGN_CENTER_HORIZONTAL|wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL, 5);|
C:\Codeblocks\src\plugins\contrib\wxSmith\wxwidgets\defitems\wxstreebook.cpp|97|StaticBoxSizer1->Add(Label, 0, wxBOTTOM|wxEXPAND|wxALIGN_CENTER_HORIZONTAL|wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL, 5);|
C:\Codeblocks\src\plugins\contrib\wxSmith\wxwidgets\defitems\wxstreebook.cpp|98|FlexGridSizer1->Add(StaticBoxSizer1, 1, wxLEFT|wxRIGHT|wxEXPAND|wxALIGN_CENTER_HORIZONTAL|wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL, 5);|
C:\Codeblocks\src\plugins\contrib\wxSmith\wxwidgets\defitems\wxstreebook.cpp|102|StaticBoxSizer2->Add(Selected, 1, wxBOTTOM|wxEXPAND|wxALIGN_CENTER_HORIZONTAL|wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL, 5);|
C:\Codeblocks\src\plugins\contrib\wxSmith\wxwidgets\defitems\wxstreebook.cpp|103|FlexGridSizer1->Add(StaticBoxSizer2, 1, wxLEFT|wxRIGHT|wxEXPAND|wxALIGN_CENTER_HORIZONTAL|wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL, 5);|
C:\Codeblocks\src\plugins\loghacker\loghacker.cpp|120|flex->Add(5, 5, 0, wxALIGN_CENTER_HORIZONTAL|wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL|wxALL, 5);|
C:\Codeblocks\src\src\resources\editor_configuration.xrc|988|<flag>wxLEFT|wxRIGHT|wxALIGN_CENTER_HORIZONTAL|wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL</flag>|
C:\Codeblocks\src\src\resources\editor_configuration.xrc|1002|<flag>wxLEFT|wxRIGHT|wxALIGN_CENTER_HORIZONTAL|wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL</flag>|
C:\Codeblocks\src\tools\Addr2LineUI\Addr2LineUIMain.cpp|80|bszReplace->Add(lblReplace, 0, wxBOTTOM|wxLEFT|wxRIGHT|wxALIGN_CENTER_HORIZONTAL|wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL, 5);|
C:\Codeblocks\src\tools\Addr2LineUI\wxsmith\Addr2LineUIDialog.wxs|89|<flag>wxBOTTOM|wxLEFT|wxRIGHT|wxALIGN_CENTER_HORIZONTAL|wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL</flag>|
C:\Codeblocks\src\tools\Addr2LineUI\wxsmith\Addr2LineUIDialog.wxs|161|<flag>wxEXPAND|wxALIGN_CENTER_HORIZONTAL|wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL</flag>|
C:\Codeblocks\src\tools\cb_share_config\mainframe.cpp|89|sbsSteps->Add(lblSteps, 1, wxALL|wxALIGN_CENTER_HORIZONTAL|wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL, 5);|
C:\Codeblocks\src\tools\cb_share_config\wxsmith\MainFrame.wxs|20|<flag>wxALL|wxALIGN_CENTER_HORIZONTAL|wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL</flag>|

They need a review.

Offline perazz

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2022, 03:27:25 pm »
Hi all:

I'm a longtime C::B user on Windows and am trying to set up a development environment on Mac for a mixed C++/Fortran/wx application.
As there is no clear choice as what's the best toolkit for it on a Mac,
I'm trying to get C::B+CBfortran plugging compiled from scratch.

While wxwidgets builds like a charm, I've been going through lots of issues with the CodeBlocks nightly, most of them were already reported
on the forum and eventually I could compile one of the latest nightlies thanks to @Xaviou's posts .

But the build is very unstable, e.g., if I try to change the editor's font (default is very small on the MacBook Pro) it crashes,
So I would like to ask:
- Is there a way to download a nearly-working source I can start off from from the official repository, or do I need to do any manual steps? e.g. @Xaviou is this what you do?
- I don't have much time unfortunately, but in case I could help on bugs/fixes, what's the official way to do it?

Thanks,
Federico

Offline Xaviou

• Regular
    • X@v's wxStuff
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2022, 05:30:31 pm »
- Is there a way to download a nearly-working source I can start off from from the official repository, or do I need to do any manual steps? e.g. @Xaviou is this what you do?
Well, I just have a full svn copy of the sources and then :
Code
for each NightlyBuild:
  * launch a simple "svn update ." command in the sources folder
  * for each OS X version (actually 10.15 and 11.6) :
    - start a bash script that re-launch each steps of the build and package process :
      configure
      make
      make install (in a temporary folder)
      bundle the application
      create the dmg file
Regards
Xav'

Offline perazz

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2022, 06:35:41 pm »
I'm running the ./bootstrap script and it's stuck on the missing wxWidgets macros:

Code
configure.ac:140: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_WXCONFIG

my wx-config script works well, how can I find what those macros mean?