User forums > Nightly builds

The 16 Januari 2022 build (12655) is out.

<< < (4/6) > >>

Xaviou:

--- Quote from: BlueHazzard on January 21, 2022, 03:43:07 pm ---Thank you for testing...

--- Code: ---#include <wx/dataobj.h>
#include <wx/dnd.h>
#include <wx/dataobj.h>

--- End code ---

what about this in src/projectmanagerui.h:12 ?

--- End quote ---
It seems to work (even with only one #include <wx/dataobj.h>  ;D )

I've re-launched a full rebuild on the last revision (12672) with these modifs to see.
But I won't be able to see the result before a few hours : sorry.

--- Quote from: BlueHazzard on January 21, 2022, 03:43:07 pm ---i looked into it and it seems that building for macos without buying an mac is impossible...
what a shame waled garden...

--- End quote ---
Even with a real mac, it's not easy  :-\

Regards
Xav'

Xaviou:

--- Quote from: BlueHazzard on January 21, 2022, 02:08:40 pm ---Can you test drag and drop for me if the build works? I have no mac to test this, and i have the worry that DnD does not work on wxCocca

--- End quote ---

Buid of rev 16672 is ok if adding the 2 includes specified above.
But DnD doesn't work :

* tested with an existing project : tried to drag a file between a virtual folder to another but the file isn't moved
* tested with a basic project : tried to drag a file between the classic "sources" file to a virtual folder but it doesn't work

Regards
Xav'

BlueHazzard:

--- Quote ---    tested with an existing project : tried to drag a file between a virtual folder to another but the file isn't moved
    tested with a basic project : tried to drag a file between the classic "sources" file to a virtual folder but it doesn't work
--- End quote ---

***** i knew it......

And dragging files from outside to:
1) An open editor
2) The project Tree
3) To a specific project in the project tree
4) To a virtual folder in a project tree

thank you for testing

Xaviou:
Hi

I finally took the time to make the DnD tests (sorry I didn't thought about these ones when I made the firsts tests).

Here are the results :

Dragging files from outside to:
1) An open editor : opens a new editor tab with this file but don't add the file to the current project : it is opened as an external file.
2) The project Tree : On the workspace entry of the tree, it does nothing. On a project entry, it add the files to the project. But it has not the exact same behavior than using "Project -> Add files". With DnD, the file is added to the project but it isn't "activated" for any build target". With menu entries, a dialog box appears to select the targets to with this file belongs.
3) To a specific project in the project tree : Tested with a multi-projects tree. The dragged files are added to the active project only, even if I drop them on another project.
4) To a virtual folder in a project tree : The files are correctly added to the selected virtual folder, with the same restrictions than for step 2

I also obtained a lot of crashs during the tests (and most of the time, I had to kill the Code::Blocks process using the activity monitor).
All these crashs appeared if I tried to make more than one DnD test with a C::B session (sometimes but rarely, I was able to make 2 following successfull tests, but never more).

I've attached 3 debug reports if it can help. (they seems to contain the same informations).

Regards
Xav'

BlueHazzard:
Thank you a lot for testing.

I hopefully have fixed the found bugs in svn now.

I am not 100% sure if dragging tree items works on mac, because i have seen some code that uses an #ifdef for mac for tree internal drag and drop, but this code was older then the last DnD rework in wx.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version