User forums > Help

Codeblocks long startup time

<< < (2/7) > >>

Cappedcrusader12:
Ok, so i've installed the latest nightly build using the unofficial installer, because I couldn't find the required dlls to make the program work. I still get the same startup time.
I opened the task manager and saw that there was not that much of a resource usage from opening it or the presence of the antivirus. I also installed it on my ssd to see if it would make a change, but it did not(the SSD is 2/3 full).

cacb:
I would start disabling unnecessary plugins one by one to see if it is caused by one of them.

I tend to disable many plugins and C::B starts in just a few seconds on both my 10 year old Windows box (Win10) with a SSD system disk and my newer Linux box.

BlueHazzard:
Also try to rename your configuration file from C:\User\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Codeblocks\default.conf to default.conf.old and see if this speeds things up

Cappedcrusader12:
The renaming of the default.conf file to default.conf.old reduced the time to 10 seconds. Thanks!

Cappedcrusader12:
After restarting, it reverted to the normal time, even if I rename the newly created file.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version