User forums > Help

New program returns value immediately

(1/3) > >>

MichKat:
Hi,
I have been using codeblock here and there but today after trying to create new file I wasn't even able to build it at first. After reinstalling codeblocks I am able to build new file but after running it I get a non 0 return value and the "Hello World!" isn't printed. If anyone has some idea what might be wrong please say.

SOLUTION EDIT: Renaming the file the project is in seems to have resolved it.

Miguel Gimenez:
Post a full rebuild log, see this for help

MichKat:
Sorry for not posting original post in correct format. However, after restarting the program after restarting the program I found out that the file obj\Debug\main.o doesn't seem to be created, created few projects with different options but some files are always not there. My antivirus doesn't seem to have prevented files from being created, and even after taking away permission to do so from it, new projects still didn't create those files. Old programs have all those files so I am not sure what is preventing creation of those files nor how to find it out.

Miguel Gimenez:
In that case post a full rebuild log, see this for help

gd_on:
Look also carefully to your antivirus software. Last week, my antivirus decided that some executables in my compiler directory contained viruses. That was false positives, but of courses my own executables were not created...
IF it's not your first program, I suppose that you know that it's better to create a project and to check the option "Pause when execution ends" : this is a so common error.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version