Author Topic: SVN 12550 does not compile  (Read 18813 times)

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
SVN 12550 does not compile
« on: December 03, 2021, 03:06:59 pm »
Or may be 12549...
I obtain  errors as shown in attached txt file (sorry, problems to include this in quotes ...)

Something related to wxHAS_REGEX_ADVANCED. I tried with wxWidgets 3.1.5 and also wxmaster (future wxWidgets 3.1.6) with the same problems.
Does it needs a specific wxwidgets configuration ?
I use the last Msys2 compilers, 11.2 Mingw64 versions.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 03:37:32 pm by gd_on »
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: SVN 12550 does not compile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 03:52:33 pm »
Here compiles OK (wx3.1.5 with MinGW-w64).

May be related to precompiled headers, they depend on CB_PRECOMP being defined in project options.

Can you try this micropatch in findreplacedlg.cpp:23?

Code
    #include <wx/radiobox.h>
+  #include <wx/regex.h>
    #include <wx/sizer.h>
+  #include <wx/stattext.h>
    #include <wx/textctrl.h>

EDIT: found the problem, CB_PRECOMP is defined in CodeBlocks_wx31.cbp but not in CodeBlocks_wx31_64.cbp.
EDIT2: in CodeBlocks_wx31_64.cbp CB_PRECOMP is not defined and NOPCH is defined, so precompilation is disabled.

To CB_PRECOMP or not to CB_PRECOMP?. That is the question. Meanwhile, I will apply the micropatch in trunk tonight.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 04:30:37 pm by Miguel Gimenez »

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 07:10:28 pm »
With this micropatch, it compiles and works.
Two small things:
  • the text in the upper tabs are "Find" and "Find in files". They are not tranlated in my french version. May be a _T is used somewhere instead of a _.
  • in find_replace.cpp, line 278, _T is used. May be a _ should be used because those chains may be translated.
Anyway, thanks for your reactivity

Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2021, 07:37:16 pm »
The problem is not really the "Find", that can be easily modified, but the "Replace" and all other visible texts from the dialog. They are embedded in findreplacedlg.xrc with XML like this:

Code
<title>Replace</title>
<label>Replace</label>

so POedit won't find them and they will never be replaced. Even if you instruct POedit to detect those strings, there is no call to _() for them so they won't be translated.

I really don't know how translation of an XRC can be done, apart from creating one version per language.

EDIT: looks like the XRC loader call wxGetTranslation(), will investigate... But the POedit problem is still there.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 07:43:49 pm by Miguel Gimenez »

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2021, 08:07:10 pm »
I know how to extract chains from xrc files. I do that with a cmd file. It's in https://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,1022.0.html. I published some time ago my batch tools.
So I use poedit, only for the translation.

Offline sodev

• Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2021, 08:38:38 pm »
Poedit does not process XRC files, for this you can use wxrc (that is part of wxWidgets). It reads XRC files and extracts translatable strings (there is some hardcoded logic in that tool to detect translatable strings and the two examples above are supported) into ordinary dummy C++ headers. These headers you can process as usual with Poedit or anything else that can read gettext format.

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2021, 09:03:45 pm »
Fixed compilation on MSW-64 bits and some strings that were not translatable in r12551, thanks gd_on for reporting and testing.

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2021, 09:11:39 pm »
Effectively, wxrc is the tool I use in my batch file. May be I could use it in a better way... that's possible  ???

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2021, 12:35:41 am »
Here compiles OK (wx3.1.5 with MinGW-w64).

May be related to precompiled headers, they depend on CB_PRECOMP being defined in project options.

Can you try this micropatch in findreplacedlg.cpp:23?

Code
    #include <wx/radiobox.h>
+  #include <wx/regex.h>
    #include <wx/sizer.h>
+  #include <wx/stattext.h>
    #include <wx/textctrl.h>

EDIT: found the problem, CB_PRECOMP is defined in CodeBlocks_wx31.cbp but not in CodeBlocks_wx31_64.cbp.
EDIT2: in CodeBlocks_wx31_64.cbp CB_PRECOMP is not defined and NOPCH is defined, so precompilation is disabled.

To CB_PRECOMP or not to CB_PRECOMP?. That is the question. Meanwhile, I will apply the micropatch in trunk tonight.

For my opinion, I think the PCH should be enabled in the 64bit windows cbp file(CodeBlocks_wx31_64.cbp).
The main reason is that it reduce the build time 50%.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2021, 10:30:39 am »
Speed is important, but even more important is coherency. I also think CodeBlocks_wx31_64.cbp should get the same changes of r11401.

Can you do it?

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2021, 08:16:20 am »
Speed is important, but even more important is coherency. I also think CodeBlocks_wx31_64.cbp should get the same changes of r11401.

Can you do it?

Yes, I can do it. I will do a build time test before the change.

For CodeBlocks_wx31_64.cbp, I can add the PCH feature.
But we will have to add the PCH feature to other plugins.

See Tim's reply here: Re: Enable the PCH when build C::B against wx3.x
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2021, 11:08:47 am »
If you add PCH to the first plugin I can do it to the others (I have never used precompiled headers)

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2021, 05:03:55 pm »
Code
 src/CodeBlocks_wx31_64.cbp | 14 +++++++-------
 1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

diff --git a/src/CodeBlocks_wx31_64.cbp b/src/CodeBlocks_wx31_64.cbp
index 67329efc..3ef2b833 100644
--- a/src/CodeBlocks_wx31_64.cbp
+++ b/src/CodeBlocks_wx31_64.cbp
@@ -85,7 +85,6 @@
  <Option output="devel31_64/codeblocks" prefix_auto="1" extension_auto="1" />
  <Option working_dir="devel31_64" />
  <Option object_output=".objs31_64" />
- <Option external_deps="" />
  <Option type="3" />
  <Option compiler="gcc" />
  <Option parameters="--debug-log --no-dde --no-check-associations --multiple-instance --verbose -p debug" />
@@ -634,18 +633,19 @@
  </VirtualTargets>
  <Compiler>
  <Add option="-Wall" />
+ <Add option="-std=gnu++11" />
+ <Add option="-m64" />
  <Add option="$(#CB_RELEASE_TYPE)" />
  <Add option="-pipe" />
  <Add option="-mthreads" />
- <Add option="-m64" />
  <Add option="-fmessage-length=0" />
  <Add option="-fexceptions" />
- <Add option="-std=gnu++11" />
+ <Add option="-Winvalid-pch" />
  <Add option="-DHAVE_W32API_H" />
  <Add option="-D__WXMSW__" />
  <Add option="-DWXUSINGDLL" />
  <Add option="-DcbDEBUG" />
- <Add option="-DNOPCH" />
+ <Add option="-DCB_PRECOMP" />
  <Add option="-DwxUSE_UNICODE" />
  <Add option="-D_WIN64" />
  <Add directory="$(#WX31_64.include)" />
@@ -658,6 +658,7 @@
  <Add directory="$(#WX31_64)/lib/gcc_dll$(WX_CFG)/msw$(WX_SUFFIX)" />
  </ResourceCompiler>
  <Linker>
+ <Add option="-m64" />
  <Add library="wxmsw$(WX_VERSION)$(WX_SUFFIX)" />
  <Add directory="$(#WX31_64.lib)/gcc_dll$(WX_CFG)" />
  <Add directory="devel31_64" />
@@ -987,6 +988,7 @@
  <Option target="sdk" />
  </Unit>
  <Unit filename="include/sdk.h">
+ <Option compile="1" />
  <Option weight="1" />
  <Option target="src" />
  </Unit>
@@ -997,6 +999,7 @@
  <Option target="sdk" />
  </Unit>
  <Unit filename="include/sdk_precomp.h">
+ <Option compile="1" />
  <Option weight="0" />
  <Option target="sdk" />
  </Unit>
@@ -4262,8 +4265,6 @@
  <Option target="src" />
  </Unit>
  <Extensions>
- <code_completion />
- <envvars />
  <wxsmith version="1">
  <gui name="wxWidgets" src="" main="" init_handlers="necessary" language="CPP" />
  <resources>
@@ -4286,7 +4287,6 @@
  <wxDialog wxs="plugins/codecompletion/wxsmith/goto_function.wxs" src="plugins/codecompletion/gotofunctiondlg.cpp" hdr="plugins/codecompletion/gotofunctiondlg.h" fwddecl="1" i18n="1" name="GotoFunctionDlg" language="CPP" />
  </resources>
  </wxsmith>
- <debugger />
  </Extensions>
  </Project>
 </CodeBlocks_project_file>

This is the patch/diff file I use to enable the PCH for the CodeBlocks_wx31_64.cbp, but I see some build warnings:

Code
Running target pre-build steps
.objs31_64\autorevision +wx +int +t .. include/autorevision.h
g++.exe -Wall -std=gnu++11 -m64 -g -pipe -mthreads -fmessage-length=0 -fexceptions -Winvalid-pch -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DcbDEBUG -DCB_PRECOMP -DwxUSE_UNICODE -D_WIN64 -Woverloaded-virtual -DEXPORT_LIB -DEXPORT_EVENTS -DWXMAKINGDLL_SCI -iquote.objs31_64\include -I.objs31_64\include -I. -IE:\code\wxWidgets-3.1.5\include -IE:\code\wxWidgets-3.1.5\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -Isdk\wxscintilla\include -Iinclude\tinyxml -Iinclude -Iinclude\tinyxml -Iinclude\scripting\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\mfbt -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\nsprpub\pr\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom\base -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom\glue -Isdk\scripting\bindings -c D:\code\cb\cb_sf_git\cccrash2019\src\include\sdk_precomp.h -o .objs31_64\include\sdk_precomp.h.gch
g++.exe -Wall -std=gnu++11 -m64 -g -pipe -mthreads -fmessage-length=0 -fexceptions -Winvalid-pch -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DcbDEBUG -DCB_PRECOMP -DwxUSE_UNICODE -D_WIN64 -Woverloaded-virtual -DEXPORT_LIB -DEXPORT_EVENTS -DWXMAKINGDLL_SCI -iquote.objs31_64\include -I.objs31_64\include -I. -IE:\code\wxWidgets-3.1.5\include -IE:\code\wxWidgets-3.1.5\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -Isdk\wxscintilla\include -Iinclude\tinyxml -Iinclude -Iinclude\tinyxml -Iinclude\scripting\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\mfbt -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\nsprpub\pr\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom\base -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom\glue -Isdk\scripting\bindings -c D:\code\cb\cb_sf_git\cccrash2019\src\sdk\configmanager-revision.cpp -o .objs31_64\sdk\configmanager-revision.o
g++.exe -Wall -std=gnu++11 -m64 -g -pipe -mthreads -fmessage-length=0 -fexceptions -Winvalid-pch -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DcbDEBUG -DCB_PRECOMP -DwxUSE_UNICODE -D_WIN64 -Woverloaded-virtual -DEXPORT_LIB -DEXPORT_EVENTS -DWXMAKINGDLL_SCI -iquote.objs31_64\include -I.objs31_64\include -I. -IE:\code\wxWidgets-3.1.5\include -IE:\code\wxWidgets-3.1.5\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -Isdk\wxscintilla\include -Iinclude\tinyxml -Iinclude -Iinclude\tinyxml -Iinclude\scripting\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\mfbt -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\nsprpub\pr\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom\base -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom\glue -Isdk\scripting\bindings -c D:\code\cb\cb_sf_git\cccrash2019\src\sdk\annoyingdialog.cpp -o .objs31_64\sdk\annoyingdialog.o
D:\code\cb\cb_sf_git\cccrash2019\src\sdk\configmanager-revision.cpp:15:25: warning: .objs31_64\include/sdk_precomp.h.gch: had text segment at different address [-Winvalid-pch]
   15 | #include "sdk_precomp.h"
      |                         ^

I'm not sure what does this error message come from. I still need some time to find a solution.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2021, 05:18:33 pm »
Maybe those links are related:

91440 Precompiled headers regression in 9.2

ASLR is now enabled for GCC binaries and it breaks PCH  Issue #5719 msys2/MINGW-packages

I'm currently using a special GCC (https://github.com/Guyutongxue/mingw-release)

Any one using the msys2's native mingw-w64 gcc could try my patch file of CodeBlocks_wx31_64.cbp and see whether they fix this isisue or not, thanks.

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2021, 11:54:36 pm »
I am using Windows 10 (21H2  19044.1387 , latest and patched as of 3-Dec-2021) and MSYS2 x64 using the latest (GCC 11.2.0) and WxWidget 3.1.5 (built with same MSYS2 GCC 11.2.0). I do not get the error/warning.

The command I use to build C::B (via a batch file that configures the parameters) is:
RUNNING: ""C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\codeblocks.exe" --no-dde --multiple-instance --verbose --log-to-file --no-batch-window-close --target=All --build "D:\Andrew_Development\WorkingOnThese\AC-WindowsInstaller\src\CodeBlocks_wx31_64 - no Fortran.workspace""

The workspace has the "plugins/contrib/FortranProject/FortranProject_cbsvn_wx31_64.cbp" project removed as I used to get the src from GIT and as such did not include the fortran src.

Attached is the full build log.

The relevant lines from the log are (I have added extra lines to make it easier to read):

Code
-------------- Build: sdk in Code::Blocks wx3.1.x (64 bit) (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Running target pre-build steps
.objs31_64\autorevision +wx +int +t .. include/autorevision.h

g++.exe -Wall -std=gnu++11 -m64 -g -O0 -ggdb -pipe -mthreads -fmessage-length=0 -fexceptions -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DcbDEBUG -Winvalid-pch -DCB_PRECOMP -DwxUSE_UNICODE -D_WIN64 -Woverloaded-virtual -DEXPORT_LIB -DEXPORT_EVENTS -DWXMAKINGDLL_SCI -iquote.objs31_64\include -I.objs31_64\include -I. -ID:\Andrew_Development\wxWidgets-3.1.5\include -ID:\Andrew_Development\wxWidgets-3.1.5\lib\gcc_dll""\mswu -Isdk\wxscintilla\include -Iinclude\tinyxml -Iinclude -Iinclude\tinyxml -Iinclude\scripting\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\mfbt -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\nsprpub\pr\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom\base -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom\glue -Isdk\scripting\bindings -c D:\Andrew_Development\WorkingOnThese\AC-WindowsInstaller\src\include\sdk_precomp.h -o .objs31_64\include\sdk_precomp.h.gch

g++.exe -Wall -std=gnu++11 -m64 -g -O0 -ggdb -pipe -mthreads -fmessage-length=0 -fexceptions -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DcbDEBUG -Winvalid-pch -DCB_PRECOMP -DwxUSE_UNICODE -D_WIN64 -Woverloaded-virtual -DEXPORT_LIB -DEXPORT_EVENTS -DWXMAKINGDLL_SCI -iquote.objs31_64\include -I.objs31_64\include -I. -ID:\Andrew_Development\wxWidgets-3.1.5\include -ID:\Andrew_Development\wxWidgets-3.1.5\lib\gcc_dll""\mswu -Isdk\wxscintilla\include -Iinclude\tinyxml -Iinclude -Iinclude\tinyxml -Iinclude\scripting\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\mfbt -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\nsprpub\pr\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom\base -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom\glue -Isdk\scripting\bindings -c D:\Andrew_Development\WorkingOnThese\AC-WindowsInstaller\src\sdk\configmanager-revision.cpp -o .objs31_64\sdk\configmanager-revision.o

g++.exe -Wall -std=gnu++11 -m64 -g -O0 -ggdb -pipe -mthreads -fmessage-length=0 -fexceptions -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DcbDEBUG -Winvalid-pch -DCB_PRECOMP -DwxUSE_UNICODE -D_WIN64 -Woverloaded-virtual -DEXPORT_LIB -DEXPORT_EVENTS -DWXMAKINGDLL_SCI -iquote.objs31_64\include -I.objs31_64\include -I. -ID:\Andrew_Development\wxWidgets-3.1.5\include -ID:\Andrew_Development\wxWidgets-3.1.5\lib\gcc_dll""\mswu -Isdk\wxscintilla\include -Iinclude\tinyxml -Iinclude -Iinclude\tinyxml -Iinclude\scripting\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\mfbt -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\nsprpub\pr\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom\base -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom\glue -Isdk\scripting\bindings -c D:\Andrew_Development\WorkingOnThese\AC-WindowsInstaller\src\sdk\annoyingdialog.cpp -o .objs31_64\sdk\annoyingdialog.o

g++.exe -Wall -std=gnu++11 -m64 -g -O0 -ggdb -pipe -mthreads -fmessage-length=0 -fexceptions -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DcbDEBUG -Winvalid-pch -DCB_PRECOMP -DwxUSE_UNICODE -D_WIN64 -Woverloaded-virtual -DEXPORT_LIB -DEXPORT_EVENTS -DWXMAKINGDLL_SCI -iquote.objs31_64\include -I.objs31_64\include -I. -ID:\Andrew_Development\wxWidgets-3.1.5\include -ID:\Andrew_Development\wxWidgets-3.1.5\lib\gcc_dll""\mswu -Isdk\wxscintilla\include -Iinclude\tinyxml -Iinclude -Iinclude\tinyxml -Iinclude\scripting\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\mfbt -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\nsprpub\pr\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom\base -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom\glue -Isdk\scripting\bindings -c D:\Andrew_Development\WorkingOnThese\AC-WindowsInstaller\src\sdk\autodetectcompilers.cpp -o .objs31_64\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o

g++.exe -Wall -std=gnu++11 -m64 -g -O0 -ggdb -pipe -mthreads -fmessage-length=0 -fexceptions -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DcbDEBUG -Winvalid-pch -DCB_PRECOMP -DwxUSE_UNICODE -D_WIN64 -Woverloaded-virtual -DEXPORT_LIB -DEXPORT_EVENTS -DWXMAKINGDLL_SCI -iquote.objs31_64\include -I.objs31_64\include -I. -ID:\Andrew_Development\wxWidgets-3.1.5\include -ID:\Andrew_Development\wxWidgets-3.1.5\lib\gcc_dll""\mswu -Isdk\wxscintilla\include -Iinclude\tinyxml -Iinclude -Iinclude\tinyxml -Iinclude\scripting\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\mfbt -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\nsprpub\pr\include -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom\base -Isdk\mozilla_chardet\include\xpcom\glue -Isdk\scripting\bindings -c D:\Andrew_Development\WorkingOnThese\AC-WindowsInstaller\src\sdk\base64.cpp -o .objs31_64\sdk\base64.o

GCC version info:
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\gcc.exe --version
gcc (Rev2, Built by MSYS2 project) 11.2.0
Copyright (C) 2021 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.