User forums > Help

SVN 12550 does not compile

<< < (2/7) > >>

sodev:
Poedit does not process XRC files, for this you can use wxrc (that is part of wxWidgets). It reads XRC files and extracts translatable strings (there is some hardcoded logic in that tool to detect translatable strings and the two examples above are supported) into ordinary dummy C++ headers. These headers you can process as usual with Poedit or anything else that can read gettext format.

Miguel Gimenez:
Fixed compilation on MSW-64 bits and some strings that were not translatable in r12551, thanks gd_on for reporting and testing.

gd_on:
Effectively, wxrc is the tool I use in my batch file. May be I could use it in a better way... that's possible  ???

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: Miguel Gimenez on December 03, 2021, 03:52:33 pm ---Here compiles OK (wx3.1.5 with MinGW-w64).

May be related to precompiled headers, they depend on CB_PRECOMP being defined in project options.

Can you try this micropatch in findreplacedlg.cpp:23?

--- Code: ---    #include <wx/radiobox.h>
+  #include <wx/regex.h>
    #include <wx/sizer.h>
+  #include <wx/stattext.h>
    #include <wx/textctrl.h>

--- End code ---

EDIT: found the problem, CB_PRECOMP is defined in CodeBlocks_wx31.cbp but not in CodeBlocks_wx31_64.cbp.
EDIT2: in CodeBlocks_wx31_64.cbp CB_PRECOMP is not defined and NOPCH is defined, so precompilation is disabled.

To CB_PRECOMP or not to CB_PRECOMP?. That is the question. Meanwhile, I will apply the micropatch in trunk tonight.

--- End quote ---

For my opinion, I think the PCH should be enabled in the 64bit windows cbp file(CodeBlocks_wx31_64.cbp).
The main reason is that it reduce the build time 50%.

Miguel Gimenez:
Speed is important, but even more important is coherency. I also think CodeBlocks_wx31_64.cbp should get the same changes of r11401.

Can you do it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version