User forums > Help

Shift-TAB does not work

(1/3) > >>

chameleon:
I use nightly 11/11/2021 on windows 10.

TAB indents a block of code.

Shift-TAB do not un-indents a block of code.
Instead, it jumps to next opened file. If no other opened file, do nothing.

For now, I un-indent code blocks with Alt-Select to remove a column of tabs.

AndrewCot:
It works for me on my latest local build and in the official 20.03 release. I think the keystroke may be assigned to something non standard, but it could also be a bug in the version you are using.

I am not familiar with this area of C::B, but I would check the following:
1) "Settings->Editor->Keyboard Shortcuts" and check the "View->Switch tabs" setting (5th from the bottom) and check it's still Ctrl-TAB.
2) In your C:\users\<name>AppData\Roaming\Codeblocks\default.cbKeyBinder20.conf file check following entry (Search for Shift-TAB) as this may be set to something non standard. This is my entry.
    }, {
   "description": "<global><unbound>",
   "accelerator": "Shift-TAB",
   "resourceID": "798",
   "parentMenu": ""
  }, {

sdfkljsa:
In SVN 12538, removing all "current shortcuts" (only ctrl-tab for me) from View->Switch Tabs, in Settings->Editor->Keyboard Shortcuts fixes this.

Before removing it, ctrl-tab would open a menu of all the open files, and shift-tab would cycle through the open files right-to-left.
After removing it, ctrl-tab will cycle through the open files left-to-right and shift-tab will un-indent things again.

I don't why this solves the issue, but this thread is the first result searching for "codebocks shift tab", so I hope this helps some people.

cacb:

--- Quote from: sdfkljsa on December 01, 2021, 02:10:35 am ---In SVN 12538, removing all "current shortcuts" (only ctrl-tab for me) from View->Switch Tabs, in Settings->Editor->Keyboard Shortcuts fixes this.
--- End quote ---

Thank you! I had this problem in SVN 12537 (Nightly Build) under Win10 and this fixed it!

ollydbg:
I also meet this issue, thanks for sharing the information.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version