Author Topic: nightly ANSI?  (Read 37870 times)

Alux

Re: nightly ANSI?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2006, 01:16:27 am »
for linux builds, i dont think it would be necessary to package it
if its alredy configured and built(pref including wxsmith...), it should be fine installing it using "make install"
still, its not too much of a prob just grabbing from svn and compiling every few days...

Offline Conan Kudo

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Enano CMS Project
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2006, 10:22:49 pm »
killerbot, have you built C::B with MSLU support in it.... Either using libunicows (preferred since we know there are not any problems with licensing), or MSLU unicows.lib?
Unfortunately, MSLU unicows.lib requires that C::B be built with the Visual C++ 2003 toolkit, so if we want to keep our "free-ness" we would need to use libunicows... I cannot build C::B properly in Visual Studio, but I am attempting to write a solution set for C::B building under VS2005, with MSLU unicows.lib enabled by default... It is not going very well though...

takeshimiya

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2006, 04:29:01 am »
I'll answer:
Unfortunately, MSLU unicows.lib requires that C::B be built with the Visual C++ 2003 toolkit,
False, it can be built with GCC or whatever, but one would need to convert it to the format expected by them.

so if we want to keep our "free-ness" we would need to use libunicows...
Obviously libunicows is the way to go, as there are precompiled binaries for all major compilers, it implements all the functionality of MSLU, there aren't license issues, for compiling you only need the 10kb libunicows opensource library, instead of more than 500mb of the Platform SDK requiered for the unicows.lib.

I cannot build C::B properly in Visual Studio, but I am attempting to write a solution set for C::B building under VS2005
Sam (280Z28) has suceed compiling it under VS2005. You may ask him for patches.

Offline Conan Kudo

• Enano CMS Project
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2006, 07:36:10 am »
I'll answer:
Unfortunately, MSLU unicows.lib requires that C::B be built with the Visual C++ 2003 toolkit,
False, it can be built with GCC or whatever, but one would need to convert it to the format expected by them.

so if we want to keep our "free-ness" we would need to use libunicows...
Obviously libunicows is the way to go, as there are precompiled binaries for all major compilers, it implements all the functionality of MSLU, there aren't license issues, for compiling you only need the 10kb libunicows opensource library, instead of more than 500mb of the Platform SDK requiered for the unicows.lib.

I cannot build C::B properly in Visual Studio, but I am attempting to write a solution set for C::B building under VS2005
Sam (280Z28) has suceed compiling it under VS2005. You may ask him for patches.

Well, the tool that originally converted MSLU unicows.lib is gone.... I think I will ask for the patches, hopefully they will work... Most source patches for VS2005 have not worked for me and I have wound up rewriting source structures to make them work... Painful work, and usually creates bugs in compilation...
The reason is that VS2005 Express (what most people are using) and VS2005 Pro (what I am using) have a different compilation structure for assembly files and some types of projects with interdependancies... MASM 8 gives me the most grief, but the compiler gives me a lot of grief because it is not the same as the one in VS2005 express, and therefore, solutions and projects usually have to changed to work with the compiler... Strange, isn't it?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 07:40:11 am by Pharaoh Atem »

takeshimiya

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2006, 08:10:53 am »
Strange, isn't it?
Not really, coming from the corporation everyone knows. `_`

Offline Conan Kudo

• Enano CMS Project
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2006, 09:48:57 am »
Quite true, but it sets a new high of incompatibility.... Never before has a Pro edition been unable to successfully import everything correctly from the Home/Express/Standard Edition of the same product....