User forums > Nightly builds

nightly ANSI?

(1/5) > >>

MoonKid:
Why is there no nightly ANSI for Win98se?

No I am using and testing an "inofficial" ANSI-build.
Code::Blocks 1.0 revision 2062 Build: Feb 23 2006, 03:02:53 - wx2.6.2 (Windows, ANSI)

I am testing it with my bugs and problems I have described earlier here. I am not finished yet.
But there are some other little bugs (for example: icons in the environment settings dialog have a black background). I know that this bug could be fixed in the current official nightly.

Other way... (sorry for my english)
If I find a bug (in my some days/weeks old ANSI), I am not sure if it is fixed in the current nightly. So I should not report the bug in the normal way.

Is it possible to make a nightly ANSI, too? Then I could join the normal bug-reporting process.

If it is not possible should I contact someone (killerbot?) and report my bugs on a inoffical way by mail?

killerbot:
Well the official supported CB is unicode.
To get a Unicode build working on Win9X we should build by linking with some other library, something like unicows. I have researched it shortly, but no decision was made at that time. Also I am not yet 100% sure I understood everything about it.

Nevertheless, we don't want to upset our win9x friends, so I try to build a weekly ansi build. Normally tomorrow I will create a new ansi build. Please do report all errors you encounter, bug are bugs. There might always be a situation that it might not get fixed, but in the end we learn from every mistake !!!

I am looking into something to have an ansi build nightly (I have some ideas), but have to find some spare time for that first.

Hope you can live with that for now.

We are also looking to provide nightly linux builds.
Other builds we (c)(sh)ould provide : linux and windows 64 bit, Mac ,... But at the moment our focus is on the Windows Unicode 32 bit. This is also what we use for development (don't know if I can speak for all devs for this?).

MoonKid:
> To get a Unicode build working on Win9X we should build by linking with
> some other library, something like unicows.

unicows it used by OpenOffice. Maybe you can find some help and informations about it there...

thomas:

--- Quote ---Why is there no nightly ANSI for Win98se?
--- End quote ---
It should be understood that those nightly builds are a service that Lieven provides exclusively for the users' convenience. To be most effective, he chose the configuration which is standard (Unicode) and the operating system which has the largest user group (Windows XP).

--- Quote ---But at the moment our focus is on the Windows Unicode 32 bit. This is also what we use for development (don't know if I can speak for all devs for this?).
--- End quote ---
Well, at least two use Ubuntu 64 besides Windows XP, and one uses SuSE... :)
I'd provide Ubuntu nightly builds if I had figured how. To date, I haven't got the time to read through how-to-build-a-package or what it's called though ;)

--- Quote ---But there are some other little bugs (for example: icons in the environment settings dialog have a black background). I know that this bug could be fixed in the current official nightly.
--- End quote ---
This is a Windows 98/ME/2000 deficiency, not a Code::Blocks bug. You can fix it by installing a more recent version of Internet Explorer.
Strangely, this does not work for Windows 2000 (although it should). However, we have a workaround for Windows 2000.

--- Quote ---If I find a bug (in my some days/weeks old ANSI), I am not sure if it is fixed in the current nightly.
--- End quote ---
That is what the SVN changelog is good for. In fact, everybody should look at the changelogs and at the "SVN version issues" forum before reporting a bug (and luckily, most people indeed do that).

takeshimiya:
I have been compiling C::B with libunicows for the past months, and it works well, but unfortunately I only have Unicode-enabled OSes so I don't know how well it works on Win 9x.

poEdit is a well known wxWidgets app that is distributed compiled with libunicows, so only one binary is used.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version