Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

oBFusCATed - gdbmi plugin query

<< < (2/6) > >>

AndrewCot:
I have fixed more issues with watches and from my testing I think the watches now look good, but I have not stressed the watches.

I have updated the readme.md to show the pass and fails for the testing I have done (this is the default readme.md that github uses to show on the main page).
At this point in time I think that I can add to my local C::B installation the GDB/MI debugger. This will allow me to use the GDB/MI debugger as my main debugger.

If you need any of the following functionality then you will need to wait for the missing functionality to be added or if you can help with any of it please let me know so the work is not duplicated:
* CPU registers
* Memory display
* debugging console projects where you need to see the console
* Disassembly
* conditional breakpoints

AndrewCot:
I have updated the Github source with a working CPU registry display. The GDB/MI and GDB command are not the same. The new GDB/MI commands used are the same as CodeLite uses as the old command used does not fit the new way of sending a command and receiving a single response message to process. In the case of the CPU registries there are two GDB/MI command that are needed, one for the names and one for the values.

If you need any of the following functionality then you will need to wait for the missing functionality to be added or if you can help with any of it please let me know so the work is not duplicated:
* Memory display
* debugging console projects where you need to see the console
* Disassembly
* conditional breakpointsI am now using the GDB/MI debugger to debug the changes I am doing and it's working as expected (aka usable for what works).

BlueHazzard:
> Memory display
So memory watches are not working?

I will try to test it later...

AndrewCot:
Watches are working.

No memory display "stuff" is working as there is no code for the "memory dump" or "memory view" dialogs/features.

AndrewCot:
The missing code to hook up to the GetExamineMemoryDialog appear to be simple and similar to the CPU registry functionality and I can borrow bits of it.

The process I have found the seems to be the fastest is:

* Search the Codelite source code for a keyword and see if there is any lines with a "cmd" in them and they look like the line sends a GDB/MI request.
* Open the file and look at the line found in 1)
* If it is not obvipus what the parameters are lookup the command int he GDB 11.2 manual
* Add the new action and Code up the start() to send the cmd and the OnCommandOutput() to display the result.6) Look at the exsting code for the "dialog" to use or where the data needs to go.
* Code up the rest of the OnCommandOutput().
* Test and mod/fix until the new functionality works like the existing GDB.I have found that unless you want to read the GDB manual from one end to another searching it can result in finding command that look like they should be used, but there may be other ones that work way better. Found this out with the CPU register commands and wasted a few hours and then looked at how Codelite did it and used the new commands and it worked out allot easier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version