Author Topic: Code completion using LSP and clangd  (Read 11625 times)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Code completion using LSP and clangd
« Reply #60 on: Today at 08:30:01 pm »
I see there are many pch files in the folder such as:

C:\Users\[myusername]\AppData\Local\Temp\preamble-c7460b.pch

I think those files is created by clangd, and are there any way to automatically delete them when exit C::B?

EDIT:

clangd writes too much disk : CPP-19402

This discussion looks like the pch can keep in "memory". :)

Here is the patch to fix this pch file issue:

Code
 clangd_client/src/LSPclient/src/client.cpp | 4 ++++
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+)

diff --git a/clangd_client/src/LSPclient/src/client.cpp b/clangd_client/src/LSPclient/src/client.cpp
index 88f5f8f..f6b5eb9 100644
--- a/clangd_client/src/LSPclient/src/client.cpp
+++ b/clangd_client/src/LSPclient/src/client.cpp
@@ -266,6 +266,10 @@ ProcessLanguageClient::ProcessLanguageClient(const cbProject* pProject, const ch

command += " --limit-results=20";              // Limit the number of results returned by clangd. 0 means no limit (default=100)

+    // clangd writes too much disk : CPP-19402 https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/CPP-19402
+    // "-pch-storage=memory"
+    command += " -pch-storage=memory";
+
     if (wxDirExists(clangResourceDir))
         command += " --resource-dir=" + clangResourceDir;  // Directory for system includes

Thanks for that.

I've added code to remove preamble-*.tmp and preamble-*.pch files when the project closes.

I'll later add an option to keep the .pch in memory. (For me, I'd rather keep them on disk and remove them at project close time).

As an aside: Windows does not allow me to remove files that are open and being used. But Linux does. Do you know of a way to tell Linux NOT to allow me to delete open files?

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Code completion using LSP and clangd
« Reply #61 on: Today at 08:54:19 pm »
I see there are some code snippet like:

Code
m_MutexInputBufGuard.Lock;

m_MutexInputBufGuard.Unlock();

But in the code, we have to carefully handle the unlocking the wxMutex when return the function body, especially when there are multiply returns.

Is it possible to use the wxMutexLocker, and check the IsOK() function for checking whether it get locked or not.

There are only 2 locks in the code that can cause any trouble. The lock on the input buffer. One to write to the buffer, and one to get the next clangd response out of the buffer. And neither affect the UI thread.

I tried wxMutexLocker first before giving up on it.
I want to be able to unlock the input buffer and then do more work in the function.
When I unlocked the mutex before the function ended,  wxWidgets gave me errors about the mutex. I lost confidence that I could mix a wxMutexLocker and manual unlocks.

In fact, I removed all locks on the main UI thread and used idle time callbacks instead.