User forums > Help

initial error

(1/3) > >>

return:
excuse me, but I am having trouble getting started. I install MinGW fortran on a windows laptop Codeblocks. I am trying a simple print test project and getting error messages.

Checking for existence: C:\Users\fempo\Documents\new projects\hello\main.exe

-------------- Build file: "no target" in "no project" (compiler: unknown)---------------

g++.exe   -c "C:\Users\fempo\Documents\new projects\hello\main.f90" -o "C:\Users\fempo\Documents\new projects\hello\main.o"
Execution of 'g++.exe   -c "C:\Users\fempo\Documents\new projects\hello\main.f90" -o "C:\Users\fempo\Documents\new projects\hello\main.o"' in 'C:\Users\fempo\Documents\new projects\hello' failed.

-------------- Build file: "no target" in "no project" (compiler: unknown)---------------

g++.exe   -c "C:\Users\fempo\Documents\new projects\hello\main.f90" -o "C:\Users\fempo\Documents\new projects\hello\main.o"
Execution of 'g++.exe   -c "C:\Users\fempo\Documents\new projects\hello\main.f90" -o "C:\Users\fempo\Documents\new projects\hello\main.o"' in 'C:\Users\fempo\Documents\new projects\hello' failed.

Can someone help?

Miguel Gimenez:
Looks like you have not set up the compiler, follow these instructions.

Also, you should create a project for better results.

return:
I followed those instructions and Codeblocks has already identified the compiler?

gd_on:
You are trying to compile a fortan source with a C++ compiler. It may work, but it's not the best thing to do.
You should choose for your source and set a gfortran compiler.
Look in the wiki or the documentation how to do that.
Do you use a project ?

return:
Are you saying Mingw is not gfortran?  Or that I did not install it correctly?
Sorry for being thick.  I learned Fortran on punch cards, then went to Dos 386. After which going to a new job I moved away from programing.  Now I want to work with some of my old programs and get back into it. But setting up the software is trying me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version