User forums > Using Code::Blocks

[SOLVED] Executing a script for linking

(1/2) > >>

Rush:
I'm using CodeBlocks 1.0RC2 on Gentoo Linux 2005.1. My problem is, I can't get C::B to execute the allegro-config script as linker argument, needed by Allegro library (http://alleg.sourceforge.net).
The script supplies a few linker arguments. It's located in /usr/bin, and I try to use it by adding `allegro-config --libs` to linker commands (_not_ the library list). I get:

g++: `allegro-config: No such file or directory

Everything runs smooth when compiled from command line, though. I tried replacing the script reference with its output:

-L/usr/lib -Wl,--export-dynamic -lalleg-4.2.0 -lalleg_unsharable

But I get another error, "couldn't find -lalleg_unsharable" even though it is in /usr/lib, included in the linker directories.

Any help appreciated.

Game_Ender:
You shuold try and compile the latest version from SVN.  I believe RC2 has backtic problems.  Make sure to disable Code Compleletion and be warned that Code::Blocks is very shakey on linux. 

mandrav:

--- Quote ---be warned that Code::Blocks is very shakey on linux
--- End quote ---

Mind elaborating please?

Game_Ender:
Recently I have been troubling with docking windows, possibly wxAUI related.  I got a crash while adjusting the docking windows that completely locked up X, I had to ctrl+alt+backspace to restart.  I will do a little more testing.  I shall also try to be better at reporting the bugs but I couldn't the stack trace for the docking crash because of the X lock up.

yop:
I didn't have any problems in linux lately and I've used C::B excesively (and wxSmith a couple of times). I'll wait for your reports also. (My PC is running Suse 9.3)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version