Author Topic: User template project creation  (Read 3669 times)

Offline kkez

• Almost regular
    • WinapiZone
User template project creation
« on: February 23, 2006, 11:19:50 pm »
When creating a default project, the "Browse for folder" (the one you get by calling SHBrowseForFolder, i dunno its wxwidgets name) dialog has the button to create a new folder. When creating a project from a user template, instead, the "Browse for folder" dialog does not have that button.

EDIT: also, that dialog isn't modal (actually it seems a top window, even if child of codeblocks...), so if i switch to another program and return to CB, that dialog is visible but suddenly disappear under the codeblocks window. If i click on the shell toolbar (the one with the start button on it, i don't know how to all that  :D) button for that dialog, the same thing happens.

EDIT2: another little thing: you can name the user template project, but that seems to apply only to the project file name, and not to the project name inside codeblocks.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 11:30:45 pm by kkez »

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: User template project creation
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 12:29:03 am »
Hmm... I just looked into this, thought "Why, someone forgot a flag, that'll be easy to fix".
But in fact... there is no flag you can pass to wxFileDialog which controls whether or not you can create new folders :(

Also, I checked for modality, and all wxFileDialogs are shown as modal dialogs.

Unsure whether we will be able to fix this...
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

takeshimiya

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 01:04:20 am »
EDIT2 is a feature missed I think.

Offline kkez

• Almost regular
    • WinapiZone
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 01:55:29 pm »
Hmm... I just looked into this, thought "Why, someone forgot a flag, that'll be easy to fix".
But in fact... there is no flag you can pass to wxFileDialog which controls whether or not you can create new folders :(

Also, I checked for modality, and all wxFileDialogs are shown as modal dialogs.

Unsure whether we will be able to fix this...

It's not the wxFileDialog, it's the wxDirDialog (i found its name). And there's a flags that enable that button: wxDD_NEW_DIR_BUTTON.
See the screenshots attached:

[attachment deleted by admin]