Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

Guide for building C::B on Linux request due to wiki 502 error

<< < (3/5) > >>

cacb:
Everything that is in SVN trunk should be in the git mirror as far as I can tell.

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: cacb on November 20, 2021, 11:27:45 am ---
This build script has now been updated to use my new unofficial github mirror of the C::B SourceForge SVN repo
https://github.com/arnholm/codeblocks_sfmirror

The idea is that this mirror is updated automatically once per day and is intended to reflect the SVN repo exactly (it remains to be seen if this works ok when the SVN repo is next updated). The mirror contains a single master branch only, corresponding to SVN trunk. This mirror is passive, it does NOT accept pull requests or patches.

--- End quote ---

Good work!
I see OBF's  obfuscated/codeblocks_sf: Unofficial GIT clone of C::B repo in SourceForge (maintained by C::B developer, accepts patches or pull requests) hasn't got updated for a long time.

BTW, I personally think we can drop svn and use git for the official developers.

cacb:

--- Quote from: ollydbg on November 20, 2021, 04:03:57 pm ---Good work!
I see OBF's  obfuscated/codeblocks_sf: Unofficial GIT clone of C::B repo in SourceForge (maintained by C::B developer, accepts patches or pull requests) hasn't got updated for a long time.

--- End quote ---
Thanks! Yes, it was the missing updates there that caused me to make another mirror. OBF's mirror has served me very well for a long time, maybe it will get up to date again.

--- Quote from: ollydbg on November 20, 2021, 04:03:57 pm ---BTW, I personally think we can drop svn and use git for the official developers.

--- End quote ---
Technically that should be possible, but that is up to the official developers to decide obviously. I agree it might be a good idea.

AndrewCot:
In the past OBF has shot down the move to GIT a number of times and as such it may not fly.  I agree moving to GIT is the way forward in this decade.

Saying that SF has GIT support, so the first thing is for someone to figure out how GIT in SF works if you are already are using SVN see if you enable/setup/config GIT in SF what how do the SVN and GIT interact and will this enable usage of both GIT or SVN and the changes automatically get applied to the other. I have no idea if this is possible or not or how SF version control works under the hood.

AndrewCot:
@caab your GITHUB repo like OBF's does NOT include the SVN referenced Fortran repo. Be aware that as such if you use it as it is it will not build due to the missing Fortran plugin source.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version