Author Topic: two sets of icons and recent files?  (Read 4142 times)

Offline novice1

• Single posting newcomer
two sets of icons and recent files?
« on: July 31, 2021, 02:26:17 pm »
When I click the code::blocks icon on the task bar it flickers and then code::blocks fires up with the old recent files from the previous code::blocks that was uninstalled?

If however I double click the code::blocks icon on the desktop the icon on the task bar again flickers and then code::blocks fires up with the new recent files I am using with the recently installed code::blocks?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: two sets of icons and recent files?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 03:15:15 pm »
The flickering is a bug which is fixed in the night builds.

Check your icons (right click -> properties). Verify they start the same executable and they pass the same arguments, so they must be using the same users.
The settings of codeblocks are stored in %AppData% or something like this (not a windows user myself).
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline cacb

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 05:04:26 pm »
The settings of codeblocks are stored in %AppData% or something like this (not a windows user myself).

%AppData%\CodeBlocks\default.conf

Offline novice1

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 10:19:12 pm »
@cacb
@oBFusCATed

Thank you both for your responses.

If I keep up with using C++ I would also like to compile programs on the Raspberry Pi which uses the Linux OS. Hopefully CodeBlocks will download and install on that system without issues. I think all these issues are due to the failure for a proper uninstall of the previous CodeBlocks.

Couldn't find,
%AppData%\CodeBlocks\default.conf
with a file search.

Did find the old SDL stuff and deleted the files.

Will just have to put up with the silly icon flicker in the task bar.

C++ is not really a hobby programming language because you have to be up to speed with the complexities of a modern day OS. I used to use TurboC++ on the old DOS machines that didn't have all these issues.

The Arduino C++ IDE is great and didn't have any issues.  Easy to download and install libraries unlike CodeBlocks.