Author Topic: Code::Blocks errors  (Read 4285 times)

Smixand

Code::Blocks errors
« on: July 30, 2021, 11:45:24 am »
I have been using C::B for some time now, and it worked perfectly. Recently I reinstalled Windows 10 and had to download all of my programs. I downloaded Google chrome and games etc. When I went to download code::blocks everything worked as usual but when i opened a project i was working on (before the reinstall) and clicked build and run, I got this error:

The program can't start because libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll is missing from your computer.
Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I decided to do what the error says and reinstall C::B. But after I did it I still have the same problem. I actaully even reinstalled it once more before looking for another solution. I read some post on Stackoverflow and the answer said to copy the missing dll file into the compiler's bin folder. Still same problem. There was a YT video of some guy who downloaded MinGW and copied it to c:\Program Files\CodeBlocks. I did this but it didnt help. Now, what I decided to do then was to download the missing file and manually put it in MinGW's bin. When I did this and clicked Build and run in c::b, I got a different error! It said this:

The application was unable to start correctly(0xc000007b).
Click OK to close the application.

I searched 0xc000007b on google and there was a list of things to do to fix it, and I tried to do some of them but none of them worked.

Does anyone know how I can fix this error? I have also asked this question on StackOverflow so I have a bigger chance of getting a response. It would be very nice if someone knew the solution

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Code::Blocks errors
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 12:18:50 pm »
I decided to do what the error says and reinstall C::B.
The problem is not in codeblocks, but in your program.
Make sure that you're using the same compiler for all executables and dlls.
Make sure you use a compatible libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll.
You cannot download one randomly from the internet and expect it to work.
You need to get this dll from the current compiler you're using.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]