User forums > Help

Is there a way of automatically configuring debugger on initial install?

<< < (6/6)

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: AndrewCot on August 01, 2021, 08:08:32 am ---@ollydbg, I spotted the issue and also spotted the wxwidget trunk included GCC 11 build fixes so I thought I would try, but it failed.

I did as suggested and tried the gytx's GCC 11.1.0 and it worked successfully with regards to building wxwidget 3.1.5 and CB with no issues The resulting CB runs okay in my 10 minutes testing I did.

--- End quote ---

Good to hear. I'm using gytx's GCC 11.1.0 for several months, and I don't see issues of the result C::B. :)

nenin:

--- Quote from: AndrewCot on August 01, 2021, 08:08:32 am ---@ollydbg, I spotted the issue and also spotted the wxwidget trunk included GCC 11 build fixes so I thought I would try, but it failed.

I did as suggested and tried the gytx's GCC 11.1.0 and it worked successfully with regards to building wxwidget 3.1.5 and CB with no issues The resulting CB runs okay in my 10 minutes testing I did.

--- End quote ---
I just made 64b  mono build with winlibs 11.2 without errors with options: "-O2 -DNDEBUG -march=nocona  -s -msse4"

ollydbg:
Some good news about gcc 11.2, MinGW with GCC 11.2.0 (revision 1) this fixed the build issue, and I can build wx 3.1.5 and code::blocks now without any issue.

AndrewCot:
@ollydbg thanks for the info and link. I have also been able to build wxwidget and CB without any issues.

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: ollydbg on July 31, 2021, 07:10:15 am ---https://winlibs.com/, if I remember correctly, this compiler suite supply GDB, but the GDB is not python enabled.

So, I finally use this one: https://github.com/Guyutongxue/mingw-release

I have already post the reasons here: an annoying gcc bug which cause bad debugging experience is fixed in gcc trunk

EDIT: MinGW with GCC 11.1.0 works OK, and 11.2 version has some build issue, so please use 11.1 unless 11.2's issue is fixed.

--- End quote ---

Hi, it looks like winlibs has gdb with python support. See:

Releases brechtsanders/winlibs_mingw

issue: the selected build of GDB does not support Python scripting. it cannot be used in qt creator.  Issue 2 brechtsanders/winlibs_mingw

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version