Author Topic: debug issue in Codeblock  (Read 5706 times)

Offline behC

• Single posting newcomer
debug issue in Codeblock
« on: July 11, 2021, 11:37:05 am »
I am very new in Codeblock, I just downloaded and try the IDE. I try to use the debug. The debug does not work and the small triangle does not appear. Everytime I press debug it will show debug finish with status 1.

My debugger Setting, executable path is F:\CodeBlocks\MINGW\bin\gdb.exe
and the argument is -g
At the debug menu, active debugger : GDB set as default.

Kindly help and advice.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: debug issue in Codeblock
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 05:37:15 pm »
Go to debugger settings and inspect the full log? If you cannot find anything interesting there post the log here.
Also make sure you're debugging a 32bit application with 32 gdb and 64bit app with 64bit gdb.
Other combinations doesn't seem to work.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline behC

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 05:02:16 am »
below is the log. Pls help me. I cant understand fully yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Active debugger config: GDB/CDB debugger:Default
Building to ensure sources are up-to-date
Selecting target:
Debug
Adding source dir: F:\Code-Blocks-Project\test\
Adding source dir: F:\Code-Blocks-Project\test\
Adding file: F:\Code-Blocks-Project\test\bin\Debug\test.exe
Changing directory to: F:/Code-Blocks-Project/test/.
Set variable: PATH=.;D:\MinGW\bin;D:\MinGW;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;D:\winAVR\bin;D:\winAVR\utils\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client;C:\Windows\System32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;c:\Users\ASUS\Downloads\avrdude-win-64bit;c:\Users\ASUS\Downloads\avr-gcc-10.1.0-x64-windows;c:\program files(x86)\GnuWin32;C:\Program Files\LLVM\bin;F:\GNU-Global\bin;C;C:\mingw-w64\i686-8.1.0-posix-dwarf-rt_v6-rev0\mingw32\bin;C:\Users\ASUS\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\bin;D:\cygwin64\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Flip 3.4.7\bin
Starting debugger: F:\CodeBlocks\MINGW\bin\gdb.exe -nx -fullname -quiet -g -args F:/Code-Blocks-Project/test/bin/Debug/test.exe
done
Setting breakpoints
Debugger finished with status 1

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 11:51:01 pm »
This is the minimal log. Go to settings ->  debugger and enable full logging.
And use code tags (the # button).
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]