User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Is it possible to remove compilers from the default list

<< < (2/2)

pabristow:
Ah ha!  I see (and perhaps - Duh - I should have figured this out   ::))  Thanks for this useful info.

1  Can I safely change the weighting to place my 'favorites' together at the top (or bottom)?

(avoiding two with the same weight?)

2 Does the delete option simply delete the appropriate %appdata%/codeblocks/ .xml file?

Miguel Gimenez:

--- Quote ---Can I safely change the weighting to place my 'favorites' together at the top (or bottom)?
--- End quote ---
Yes.

--- Quote ---Does the delete option simply delete the appropriate %appdata%/codeblocks/ .xml file?
--- End quote ---
The relevant code is this:

--- Code: ---void CompilerFactory::RemoveCompiler(Compiler* compiler)
{
    if (!compiler || compiler->m_ParentID.IsEmpty())
        return;
    Manager::Get()->GetConfigManager(_T("compiler"))->DeleteSubPath(_T("/user_sets/") + compiler->GetID());

Compilers.Remove(compiler);
    Manager::Get()->GetLogManager()->DebugLog(F(_T("Compiler \"%s\" removed"), compiler->GetName().wx_str()));

Compiler::m_CompilerIDs.Remove(compiler->GetID());
    delete compiler;

SaveSettings();
}

--- End code ---
Looks like it is removed from the settings (default.conf), but not from the disk.

pabristow:
Thanks, I can now reduce the list to remove compilers that are not of interest to me.

(Until the next release  ;) )

It is impressive to have such a lot of compilers on offer (and the ability to add new one reasonably easily) but would be nice to be able to put aside 'uninteresting' compilers into a 'saved' folder.  I'll leave that for the experts to ponder.

Meanwhile many thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version