Author Topic: Sourceforge Ticket review - feeback on easy tickets to close part 1  (Read 33337 times)

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
I have been looking at the open sourceforge tickets as there currently 496 open tickets, which is allot. A bunch of them are low hanging in that they can be closed with the following:
a)  Read the posts in the ticket and based on the post the ticket can be closed.
b) Testing with the latest nightly or recent Linux nightly versions do not exhibit the issue/bug/feature request is included in the nightly.
c) No enough info to reproduce the bug and the ticket is from 2016.
d) Bug or issue has not been seen or cannot be reproduced and the original poster has been asked to try a later version or supply more into and no response from years ago has been posted.
e) The ticket is a duplicate where I could easily find that it is a duplicate.

I have looked a at the 251 tickets so far and found the following:
- 99 Can be closed without any coding and minimal testing or reading etc a per the list above
- 28 Can be closed, but need to be looked at by one of the main CB developers to see if the ticket is okay to close.
- 94 are open
- 30 need a bit of time spent on them to see if the patch or fix in the ticket is okay or not and then get the patch applied. Some will be bad and some will be okay an others will need allot of work.

Please find in the attached (in the zip as xlsx cannot be attached) excel spread hseet the 99 that I think can be closed. I have put my comments in column C and my proposed status in column d, otherwise the data is from sourceforge (unless something has gone wrong).

Is there anyone who can take the list and run with it, so that the open sourceforge tickets can be reduced?

In the mean time I will keep looking at the rest of the tickets, but I expect that the number of easy tickets that can be closed will be less as they are more recent tickets.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Sourceforge Ticket review - feeback on easy tickets to close part 1
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 09:29:14 am »
Is there anyone who can take the list and run with it, so that the open sourceforge tickets can be reduced?
I cannot because xlsx is not a file type I can open... Try simple text files :)

And the actual problem is not that there are too many tickets, but there are too few people able/willing to solve them.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 09:39:38 am »
Do you have Libreoffice installed? If not I will upload a CSV.

That is why I chose to only give the list of tickets that are IMHO easy to close and not the ones that will take say 15+ minutes to look at. I think there may be a few 1 - 3 in the list where the info is in a thread that may take 5 to 10 minutes to read, but no code changes are required from the thread posts.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 09:43:17 am by AndrewCot »

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 09:56:05 am »
In the attached zip are the following files, which at worst you can use the Poposed_CB_Tickets_24JUN2021_Close_Only_Comments.csv file:
Poposed_CB_Tickets_24JUN2021_Close_Only.ods
Poposed_CB_Tickets_24JUN2021_Close_Only.xlsx
Poposed_CB_Tickets_24JUN2021_Close_Only_Comments.csv
Poposed_CB_Tickets_24JUN2021_Close_Only_Full.csv

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 09:51:50 pm »
Thank you for your work..

and i agree on some tickets and will work the list on closing some.

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 05:09:53 am »
No worries.

BTW I have reached out to the fortran plugin devs on their google discussion group board (https://groups.google.com/g/cbfortran) to look at the Fortran tickets once I get a list of tickets for them to look at and they were okay with this. I think any future tickets related to fortran should probably be posted to the google cb fortran board to look at as they will be way better at looking into it than any C++ dev.

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2021, 11:43:36 am »
I am starting to see a few wxSmith bugs. Is there someone that I should ask to see if they are relevant or not etc? If there is not someone then I will leave them as open as I do not want to spend allot of time on them at the moment as I do not use CB for wxwidget GUI apps.

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2021, 01:30:59 am »
    I have completed my first pass of the tickets and my proposed results are for the 497 currently open are:
    • 163 should be easy to close with no work, apart from reading the ticket and/or forum posts.
    • 190 still open - these need work
    • 171 to be looked at on the second pass to see if the current proposal can be refined or needs to change.

I am seeing a few patterns as follows:
    • - There are a bunch of tickets for the following:
      • Fortran - asked fortran plugin owner to look at them.
      • wxsmith - seems to be an area that has issues.
      • Visual studio support - current support is very old.
      • Compiler auto detection on Windows or windows compiler setup and/or configure issues .
    • Some tickets have patches, but there is no feedback on the patch and that patch was not applied to the trunk.
    • Ticket fixes were started but not completed by various devs.
    • Ticket fixes were started and there were differing opinions on how it should be done, which is good for a healthy project, BUT then it went no where. Even worse was that some of the workwas okay and this never even made it into the trunk.

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2021, 05:14:41 am »
Please find in the attached zip file the following updated files that now include all of the current tickets that should be able to be closed easily with no work:

• CodeBlocks_Tickets_27JUN2021_Proposed_Close_Only.csv
  • CodeBlocks_Tickets_27JUN2021_Proposed_Close_Only.ods
  • CodeBlocks_Tickets_27JUN2021_Proposed_Close_Only.xlsx
  • CodeBlocks_Tickets_27JUN2021_Proposed_Close_Only_Comments.csv

If who ever eventually takes this an runs with does not agree with a ticket to be closed please keep track of them in a spreadsheet or csv or text file so at the end you have a list that cannot be closed for some reason so it can be discussed.

Currently my breakdown of the open tickets into some sort of category with counts currently is:

Row Labels   Count
Check & test   3
Check/ Test / Apply change   1
Close   170
close?   19
open   193
TBA   12
Test / Apply change   46
Not Checked   9
open - VisualStudio   2
Fortran -Not Checked   2
Fortran -open   3
open - wxsmith   6
Fortran - TBA   1
Reproduce   10
Waiting for response   17
Open - non ascii   2
Close - Duplicate   1
Grand Total   497

Online ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2021, 09:41:47 am »
Please find in the attached zip file the following updated files that now include all of the current tickets that should be able to be closed easily with no work:

You forgot uploading the attachment?

Thanks for your contribution!
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2021, 09:54:15 am »
Try now for attachment.

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2022, 09:11:19 am »
This is the same file up to current date, in ODS and XLS formats.

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2022, 12:14:32 pm »
Do you want a list of what I think should be very easy to close tickets? These will ones I think can be closed based on the info in the ticket and are very low hanging.

Attached is my latest spreadsheet, but this time I have moved tickets related to the following into a their own worksheet (okay the ones I spotted, so if you find ones I have not moved please let me know):
  • Mac / OSX   (16 tickets)
  • MS Visual Studio   (5 tickets)
  • Code Completion  (55 tickets)

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2022, 01:02:21 pm »
This is the list of tickets that should be easy to close based on the info in the tickets.
#|Summary▾|Comment
1078|Log display auto scrolls to top sometimes after compiling|Close as per last post in the ticket.
1040|codeblocks.org cert is invalid|Cert is a Cloudflare Inc ECC CA-3 one. As such this ticket can be closed.
970|32-bit Win7 - gcc Not Compatible With Version of Windows Running|Original 20.03 mingw included mingw64 and looks to be fixed on 29-Dec-2020, but no announcemnets were done.
952|20.04: copy/​paste problem on Ubuntu|Close as per last post.
901|Search -> Replace fails when there are multiple selections|Ticket includes inappropriaye posts from creator. Not checked. Close due to inappropriate posts. Very low priority issue which will not get fixed.
825|Add progress dialog to workspace/​project loading|Clsoe, see ticket 833.
803|Edit PGI FORTRAN Win32 static link command|No lonerg applicable as per last ticket post. As such this ticket can be closed.
622|Static Libraries not rebuilt if Static Library dependency is rebuilt|Close, see post from Teodor in ticket. As such this ticket can be closed.
482|Code::Blocks freezing |Initial issue with Windows, which seems to be resolved as I have not had CB crash randomly without a reason sicne 20.03. The report form 2020 is fro a chromebook machine. As such this was probably a wxwidget issue from 2016 and there this ticket can be closed.
432|editor: find word under cursor|Wx2.8 bug, fixed in 3.0 as it works okay with 3.x as per last post this bug can be closed.
403|bug in creating file folder of codeblocks 16.01 (windows 10) |Working okay on SVN-12462 and bluehazzard could also not reproduce. As such the ticket can be closed.
366|No Symbols and Code folding problem|Working okay on SVN-12462, so close the ticket.
320|"make" from the released 16.01 version tries to run autotools|Unix/Linux build issue related to 16.01 assuming it's a dev environment config issue and as such it can be closed as it is 5 years old.
287|Occasional Assert in wxDebugReport::AddContext|Have not seen this, so assuming it has been fixed in release after ticket was reported.
273|F2 (logs window) not correcly working inside Editor|Works okay on Linux Mint 20.1 with CB SVN12286 wxWidget 3.0.4.
187|Need option to select indent format within switch statements|CB astyle plugin was changed in 2015 to add options to resolve this ticket. Works in SVN r12458
167|OS bricked by breakpoints|This is resolved. I cannot say why, but I have debugged later versions of the code on Ubuntu 18, 20 & Win10 with CB and CB works. The app does not always play ball when you stop a thread and does occasionally crash the OS due to bugs in the app.
115|"Copy contents to clipboard" right-click menu gives incorrect line endings|Agree cannot fix, so close

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2022, 05:20:55 pm »
115, 187, 432, 901, 952 and 1078 closed... Can you striketrough them in your message?

366 is owned by ollydbg

« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 06:43:43 pm by Miguel Gimenez »