Author Topic: Completion suddenly stopped working  (Read 12538 times)

Offline questionderby

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Completion suddenly stopped working
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2021, 12:25:36 pm »
Does anyone know if you need a CB project for Code Completion to work?

Tim S.

Well the first time I launched CB I made a source file and CC worked properly. So I'm assuming no need for a project for CC to work(does not work on projects right now either).

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2021, 12:13:21 am »
Post a screen shot of your compiler settings. The toolchain executable tab.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline questionderby

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2021, 09:00:39 pm »
Here it is... The "Compiler's installation directory" was always empty, but Code Completion worked nevertheless.

Edit: Okay so I was just playing around with the "Compiler's installation directory"... "Auto-detect" always said 'Auto-detected installation path of "GNU GCC Compiler" in "" ', resulting in an empty path as shown below. I first gave it /bin (symlink to /usr/bin on my system), didn't do anything + auto-detect still gave an empty path. Tried /usr/bin, with absolutely no hope, still nothing as expected. Randomly clicked Auto-detect again, it said 'installation path in "/usr" ', and now it works. The fuck did I just experience? It worked before even when the path was empty...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 09:08:42 pm by questionderby »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2021, 09:17:06 pm »
...The fuck did I just experience? It worked before even when the path was empty...
Your failure to read the message in red causes you problems. :)
I suppose we have to add a check if endswith("/bin") try to nag the user to fix it...
Also it is interesting that the message doesn't fit.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]