Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

RFC: Backticks

<< < (3/4) > >>

oBFusCATed:
You don't need them there. wx-config works fine on linux as it is now.

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on June 21, 2021, 09:16:19 am ---You don't need them there. wx-config works fine on linux as it is now.

--- End quote ---

The good news is that eranif's wx-config-msys2 tool also works well with our C::B's backtick system.

I try to add those lines in the "Other linker options"

--- Code: ---`wx-config-msys2 --libs --prefix=$(TARGET_COMPILER_DIR)`

--- End code ---

And I got the final result of the linke command:

--- Code: ----LF:\code\msys2-64\mingw64\\lib -pipe -Wl,--subsystem,windows -mwindows -lwx_mswu_xrc-3.1 -lwx_mswu_html-3.1 -lwx_mswu_qa-3.1 -lwx_mswu_core-3.1 -lwx_baseu_xml-3.1 -lwx_baseu_net-3.1 -lwx_baseu-3.1

--- End code ---

The only issue is that for C::B, we have $(TARGET_COMPILER_DIR) translated to "F:\code\msys2-64\mingw64\", while, wx-config-msys2 expect there is no ending backslash for the path, so you see double backslashes in the generated command line.

ollydbg:
I report the path issue here: Feature request: do not add the backslash if the prefix path has the ending backslash Issue #2 eranif/wx-config-msys2

ollydbg:
FYI:

I recently found that msys2 has a nice tool named pkg-config, which is located in msys2_root/mingw64/bin/pkg-config.exe

Now, I see in code::blocks, it can support many libraries. For example, if you want to link opencv library.

You just have to add one line in compiler options in C::B build option

--- Code: ---`pkg-config --cflags opencv4`
--- End code ---

and in library options in C::B build option

--- Code: ---`pkg-config --libs opencv4`
--- End code ---

Really nice feature, also, I think it should also work under Linux. :)

AndrewCot:
Will the changes also resolve the backticks enhancement in ticket 623?

https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/623/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version