User forums > General (but related to Code::Blocks)

Permission Denied though my linux chmod has allowed 777

<< < (6/7) > >>

edcompsci:

--- Quote from: Miguel Gimenez on June 16, 2021, 08:15:16 am ---Do not mess with ownerships outside your home directory.

C::B uses the paths listed in Project -> Build options -> Search directories -> Compiler tab.

--- End quote ---

I followed your advice by making a dir ~/code and copying my .c file to it and it does run that way. Thanks.

Is there any way around this? Maybe the way my other drive is mounted in /etc/fstab?  I tried to see is I could instead use a symbolic link ~/code to get the same effect but no luck.  It would just be easier if I could keep all of my c files on my share and compile/run from there. No big deal if no one answers, I see that this isn't a gcc forum but a code::blocks one, so I'm a bit off topic now. 

oBFusCATed:
What is the file system of the other drive? Is it linux compatible?
If it is fat or ntfs, you're probably out of luck or at least you'll have to read about umasks during mounting.

edcompsci:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on June 19, 2021, 09:46:57 pm ---What is the file system of the other drive? Is it linux compatible?
If it is fat or ntfs, you're probably out of luck or at least you'll have to read about umasks during mounting.

--- End quote ---

The other drive is a NAS appliance connected via NFS.  Umasks? Ok I'll look into that, thanks.

oBFusCATed:
NFS should support unix permissions, so it should be fine if you mount it correctly, but I'm not a sysadmin, so I might be wrong.

edcompsci:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on June 19, 2021, 09:46:57 pm ---What is the file system of the other drive? Is it linux compatible?

--- End quote ---

found this on another forum:

--- Quote ---In the options, when you add user it also implies noexec.
noexec will not allow any binaries on the mounted file system to be executed.

Take a look at the mount MAN page for more information concerning the available options
--- End quote ---

I think I may be on the right track

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version