Author Topic: Why C::B IDE lags UI self build svn12295 gcc10.3.0 wx3.1.5 ?  (Read 6440 times)

Offline omlk

• Multiple posting newcomer
Can anyone tell me why there are such delays when drawing the interface? I have already spent enough time but did not find the problem, I will be grateful for the tip :)

And also why there is a repainting of absolutely all interface, instead of only that part which changes?
In the video you can see how the CPU loads.

https://gofile.io/d/uFbTwQ
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 01:50:22 pm by omlk »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Why C::B IDE lags UI my build svn12295 gcc10.3.0 wx3.1.5 ?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 01:38:25 pm »
What is this build? Official night build or self build?
Can you reproduce the same problem in the aui wxWidget sample?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline omlk

Re: Why C::B IDE lags UI self build svn12295 gcc10.3.0 wx3.1.5 ?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 01:44:18 pm »
Self build, sorry for my knowledge of english.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2021, 06:03:02 pm »
Optimized or debug build? What happens if you use a official night build? Is it that slow?
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline omlk

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2021, 06:21:29 pm »
Optimized or debug build? What happens if you use a official night build? Is it that slow?
So you probably understand that drawing delays do not depend on whether it is a debug or a release build. I'm more interested in why the whole interface is redrawn (thus creating a load on the CPU and SSD or HDD), rather than a certain part. The effect of the load on the CPU is noticeable even on the official build (however, graphic lags are not noticeable).

Offline omlk

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2021, 06:28:33 pm »
I also don't understand why a timer is used for repainting (see the attached picture, where there is a note that the timer works in the main thread). Shouldn't repainting use event handling?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2021, 10:16:41 pm »
So you probably understand that drawing delays do not depend on whether it is a debug or a release build.
If you've built wx in debug (without optimizations) it is not unreasonable to expect drawing delays.

1. So do you reproduce the problem when using an official night build release?

To quote myself:
Can you reproduce the same problem in the aui wxWidget sample?

You can ignore questions which might be relevant, but then why would you start a topic about a problem?

p.s. This happens a lot lately. I ask some questions, the OP ignores them, so I'm switching to spectator mode.
p.p.s. There are two numbered questions in this post, if I don't get an answer to at least one of them it is spectator mode for me.

Offline omlk

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2021, 10:34:59 pm »
  • I'm not working for you to test the untested code by the programmer. It just shows that you are not interested in proper project support.
  • The state of the viewer, I think you already know, leads to the decline of both the site or the project. I asked leading questions - but I get a viewer mode from you (did I ask awkward questions about the project?)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2021, 12:59:37 am »
Are you using google translate?

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2021, 02:26:56 am »
@omlk I have been reading allot of your posts and it seems that you are a beginner programmer as you do NOT know how to take on board feedback from experienced programmers and it shows in most of your posts.

To become a senior programmer if you can change your way then you will need to take into consideration feedback from experienced programmers who have worked on the project you are working on for a long time.

In 95+% of your posts also end up no where as you do NOT follow the process to get changes incorporated into the code base due to you not following the process or ignoring feedback on your code quality.

I see allot of wasted time being put in by allot of the main CB devs by you that effectively waste their time due to the issues outlined above and this is why I am posting this so hopefully you stop wasting time and do the right thing.