Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Contributions to C::B

Updating wxWidgets project wizard

<< < (2/6) > >>

oBFusCATed:
People using the wizard, please check if it still works for your use cases. It should be possible to just test it on an older builds.

PB:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on May 23, 2021, 02:50:22 pm ---The main question concerning the wizard is if checking for gcc derived compiler matches clang. If it doesn't then all is good. :)

--- End quote ---
Well, I would prefer if the wizard reported unsupported compiler and refused to continue, instead of failing with internal error. But perhaps it works on other platforms besides MSW?

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on May 23, 2021, 02:50:22 pm ---how do you build wx? Just set CC and CXX env variables?

--- End quote ---

Exactly the same as with GCC, basically something like

--- Quote ---PATH=C:\msys64\clang64\bin;%PATH%
cd %WXWIN%\build\MSW
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on May 23, 2021, 02:50:22 pm ---why are you using mingw-clang, when there is a official clang release?
--- End quote ---
I know nothing about clang, using MSYS package seemed to be the simplest and safest way to get the whole working package (all compiler tools, headers, libraries...).

stahta01:
FYI: MSYS2 instead of MSYS.

Tim S.

PB:
I wanted to add autodetection of wxWidgets version on MSW. Letting the user select it is not only useless but having a predefined version list is also not future-proof.

My idea was looking for a wxWidgets mandatory library in OnLeave_WxConf(), by finding the library file and parsing the library file name.

E.g. in multilib the file to look for would be

--- Code: ---LibPrefix + _T("wxbase") + _T("??") + LibUnicSuffix + _T("?") + LibSuffix;
--- End code ---
where I could then extract the version (e.g., "31") from where the two question marks are.

However the IO scripting API does not have a function working with wild cards, e.g. something like wxDir::FindFirst().

I would rather not do something like parse output of dir obtained via ExecuteAndGetOutput(). Any ideas?

AndrewCot:
This may be off topic, but be aware on Windows the three main GCC compilers collections/systems are:
1) MSYS2
2) MingW64
3) Cygwin

The MSYS2 and Mingw64 when you start to use them are different and if you try to mix the libraries causes issues. If you do install them on the one PC then based on my experience they will interfere with one another due to search path issues, so I rename the directories when swapping between the three.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version