Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Contributions to C::B

Updating wxWidgets project wizard

<< < (6/6)

oBFusCATed:

--- Quote from: PB on June 21, 2021, 07:42:36 pm ---Currently, the wizard presets the wxWidgets location to "$(#wx)". Perhaps it would be better to firstly check if a variable based on selected wxWidgets version (e.g. "$(#wx30)" for 3.0 and "$(#wx31)" for 3.1) exists and if it does use that. If it does not fall back to "$(#wx)". What do you think about this?

--- End quote ---
This would be useful for people which switch wx versions often or want to test them easily. I'm not sure this is generally useful. And as far as I know it is possible to change it in the wizard if you're in this kind of situation. So for now I think it is better that we don't add this feature.

AndrewCot:
While the wxwidget project wizard is being reworked then ticket 511 is relevant as it includes wizard patches that were never merged and there is no reason or comments or feedback in the ticket.

It may be worth looking at the ticket to see if the changes are relevant and if they are to see if the changes already incorporate the changes or not and if not then if they shoudl eb included in the work then or if eventually the changes are deemed to not be required then see about closing the ticket.

PB:

--- Quote from: AndrewCot on June 24, 2021, 09:25:27 am ---While the wxwidget project wizard is being reworked then ticket 511 is relevant as it includes wizard patches that were never merged and there is no reason or comments or feedback in the ticket.

--- End quote ---

AFAICT, the code in the ticket adds a button allowing to display the global variables dialog, in the place where a path can be already selected.

Hence, this has no effect on my proposed changes in the wxWidgets wizard script.

oBFusCATed:

--- Quote from: AndrewCot on June 24, 2021, 09:25:27 am ---While the wxwidget project wizard is being reworked then ticket 511 is relevant as it includes wizard patches that were never merged and there is no reason or comments or feedback in the ticket.

--- End quote ---
511 is not relevant here. Also there is pretty elaborate and detailed technical discussion in the ticket. I've raised some concerns which haven't been addressed, so it is up to bluehazzard to decide what to do with this ticket.

oBFusCATed:
Latest changes about this are here: https://github.com/obfuscated/codeblocks_sf/tree/experiments/wxwidgets_wizard
Please test and report if there are problems not present in trunk/master.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version