Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Contributions to C::B

Updating wxWidgets project wizard

<< < (4/6) > >>

PB:

--- Quote from: ollydbg on June 03, 2021, 12:20:08 pm ---No, I think by using eranif/wx-config-msys2 tool, config wx project may be simple. I mean I can only create a simple console project, and tweak the include search path, lib search path and libs by using the shell escape command.
The expect way could let our wxWidgets wizard also support msys2's prebuild libraries.

--- End quote ---

Sorry, I still do not understand. Are you proposing for the wizard to somehow have a special code path for MSYS2 wxWidgets package, different from all other compilers? How would it look concretely?

stahta01:

--- Quote from: PB on June 03, 2021, 09:21:11 pm ---
--- Quote from: ollydbg on June 03, 2021, 12:20:08 pm ---No, I think by using eranif/wx-config-msys2 tool, config wx project may be simple. I mean I can only create a simple console project, and tweak the include search path, lib search path and libs by using the shell escape command.
The expect way could let our wxWidgets wizard also support msys2's prebuild libraries.

--- End quote ---

Sorry, I still do not understand. Are you proposing for the wizard to somehow have a special code path for MSYS2 wxWidgets package, different from all other compilers? How would it look concretely?

--- End quote ---

I think he is saying that he is going to try using the wx-config-msys2 tool and seeing if the unix code style CB project will work.

Tim S.

PB:
Using some external executable or using MSYS2 package is way over my head, so I will not be doing that even if it may be similar to what is done in SetupProject() in ChoiceWxUnixLib-related statements. Sorry.

PB:
I was thinking about this some more.

Currently on MSW the wizard expects wxWidgets to be built-in source, having both debug and release libraries in the same folder, and library names matching those from makefile build, i.e., the old MSW idiom.

However, there are two possible out-of-the source build options: (1) CMake and (2) configure.

Therefore the wizard should not ask only for a single folder but for include folder as well as for the library folders, allowing for release and debug build to be in different folders. It should also support both library naming patterns.

However, I am not sure how to fit this in the existing wizard and if it is even possible implement with the scripting API.

oBFusCATed:

--- Quote from: PB on June 21, 2021, 04:41:48 pm ---However, I am not sure how to fit this in the existing wizard and if it is even possible implement with the scripting API.

--- End quote ---
Why do you think it is not possible? You want to do the detection automatically?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version