Author Topic: Slackware - building problem  (Read 6788 times)

SirMike

Slackware - building problem
« on: February 23, 2006, 10:44:38 pm »
I am trying to build C::B under Slackware 10.2 and executing bootstrap gives something like this:

Code
configure.in: no proper invocation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found.
configure.in: You should verify that configure.in invokes AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE,
configure.in: that aclocal.m4 is present in the top-level directory,
configure.in: and that aclocal.m4 was recently regenerated (using aclocal).
src/plugins/Makefile.am:1: BUILD_ASTYLE does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
src/plugins/Makefile.am:5: BUILD_CLASSWIZARD does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
src/plugins/Makefile.am:9: BUILD_CODECOMPLETION does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
src/plugins/Makefile.am:13: BUILD_COMPILER does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
src/plugins/Makefile.am:17: BUILD_DEBUGGER does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
src/plugins/Makefile.am:21: BUILD_MIMEHANDLER does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
src/plugins/Makefile.am:25: BUILD_PLUGINWIZARD does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
src/plugins/Makefile.am:29: BUILD_TODO does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
src/plugins/Makefile.am:33: BUILD_MANIFEST does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
src/plugins/Makefile.am:37: BUILD_CONTRIB does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
src/plugins/astyle/Makefile.am:10: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
src/plugins/astyle/Makefile.am:10:
src/plugins/astyle/Makefile.am:10: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
src/plugins/astyle/Makefile.am:10: to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
/usr/share/automake-1.9/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCXX does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.9/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
src/plugins/classwizard/Makefile.am:9: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
src/plugins/classwizard/Makefile.am:9:
src/plugins/classwizard/Makefile.am:9: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
src/plugins/classwizard/Makefile.am:9: to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
/usr/share/automake-1.9/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCXX does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
src/plugins/codecompletion/Makefile.am:9: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
src/plugins/codecompletion/Makefile.am:9:
src/plugins/codecompletion/Makefile.am:9: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
src/plugins/codecompletion/Makefile.am:9: to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
src/plugins/compilergcc/Makefile.am:12: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
src/plugins/compilergcc/Makefile.am:12:
src/plugins/compilergcc/Makefile.am:12: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
src/plugins/compilergcc/Makefile.am:12: to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.

and so on

Can somebody help me sloving the problem? I do not know how to mess with libtool, automake and autoconf

SirMike

Re: Slackware - building problem
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 08:36:50 pm »
OK, I added some directories with m4 files to the path and it works now.

But There is sth wrong with compilation. After typing make:

Code
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I/opt/wx/2.6/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.6 -I/opt/wx/2.6/include/wx-2.6 -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS -D__WXGTK__ -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE=1 -I../../src/sdk/wxscintilla/include -I../../src/sdk/tinyxml -I../../src/sdk/as/include -I../../src/sdk/wxFlatNotebook -I../../src/sdk/propgrid/include -I/opt/wx/2.6/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.6 -I/opt/wx/2.6/include/wx-2.6 -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS -D__WXGTK__ -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE=1 -O2 -ffast-math -g -O2 -I/opt/wx/2.6/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.6 -I/opt/wx/2.6/include/wx-2.6 -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS -D__WXGTK__ -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE=1 -MT messagelog.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/messagelog.Tpo -c messagelog.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/messagelog.o
messagelog.cpp: In member function `virtual wxFont
   MessageLog::GetDefaultLogFont(bool)':
messagelog.cpp:51: error: `ReadInt' undeclared (first use this function)
messagelog.cpp:51: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for
   each function it appears in.)

rudin

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 05:14:12 am »
Add:

#include "configmanager.h"

to messagelog.cpp file.

It works for me.

binomine

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 05:37:30 am »
I hate to threadjack, but what paths did you change.  I'm having the same problem as you on the slack-based Vector.

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 01:28:34 pm »
I hate to threadjack, but what paths did you change.  I'm having the same problem as you on the slack-based Vector.
Usually the directories, aclocal is looking for *.m4 files, are listed in the file /usr/share/aclocal/dirlist

Every directory has one line. My file looks like this:
Code
/opt/gnome/share/aclocal
/usr/local/share/aclocal

Daniel
Nightly builds for openSUSE

SirMike

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 08:02:16 pm »
Add:

#include "configmanager.h"

to messagelog.cpp file.

It works for me.

Yep, it works form me too ;)
BTW - I resolved it by myself and few minutes after, new commit to svn did the same :)

SirMike

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 08:10:09 pm »

You can also add the path to the $ACLOCAL_FLAGS by -I option

something like this:
Code
export ACLOCAL_FLAGS=--acdir='/opt/wx/2.6/share/aclocal/ -I /usr/local/share/aclocal/'