User forums > Nightly builds

The 11 May 2021 build (12446) is out.

<< < (6/8) > >>

eckard_klotz:
Hello oBFusCATed.

I will create an official bug-report regarding this. As you already mentioned it is a core feature of Code::Blocks and all users which are working with global variables are potentially affected. What more augments are necessary to  take a look?

Please stay well and healthy,
                                          Eckard Klotz.

BlueHazzard:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on May 16, 2021, 05:57:22 pm ---Hard to believe. Even my old core2quad could build the core stuff in 2-3 minutes.

--- End quote ---

windows is !significantly! slower then linux when it comes to building codeblocks...
I build codeblocks faster in my linux vm with less cores, then on windows on the same machine (no vm) with all cores of my cpu
My feeling is that gcc is slower on windows and also that our pipe handling is somehow slower, but i never profiled it...

BlueHazzard:
@Obfuscated regarding the problem of @eckard_klotz
i think he hits the bug where we kill our config file...

--- Quote ---I think the real problem is located in the evaluation of the conf-file were all this configurations are stored. In my today's first post I have also added the conf-file (ok as txt file but this means for you that you have to change the file-attachment back as already discussed).
--- End quote ---
Yes.. i think our config file parsing/saving is broken, prone to create erroneous files... I have this problem from time to time, that the compiler flags are not valid any more. I am not able to reproduce this and that is a big problem...

oBFusCATed:

--- Quote from: BlueHazzard on May 17, 2021, 01:01:30 am ---windows is !significantly! slower then linux when it comes to building codeblocks...

--- End quote ---

This is true, but it is not 200 times slower. GCC is damn slow on windows (and buggy).
I don't know why non of the windows devs haven't stepped up to to provide llvm builds. :)
The dev experience on windows with C::B is something like 2-10x worse compared to the experience on linux.

--- Quote from: BlueHazzard on May 17, 2021, 01:10:41 am ---@Obfuscated regarding the problem of @eckard_klotz
i think he hits the bug where we kill our config file...

--- End quote ---
I'm not sure what config-kill-problem you're talking about, but as far as I understand it the problem is 100% reproducible - it happens every time. @eckard_klotz could correct me if this is not the case of course.

eckard_klotz:
Hello oBFusCATed and BlueHazzard

--- Quote ---I'm not sure what config-kill-problem you're talking about, but as far as I understand it the problem is 100% reproducible - it happens every time. @eckard_klotz could correct me if this is not the case of course.
--- End quote ---

Yes you are right it happens always.

* Rename the file MinGW_9_2_0_64bit_TDM_conf.txt back into MinGW_9_2_0_64bit_TDM.conf (provided in my zip-file you will find in my first post yesterday https://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,24487.msg167084.html#msg167084).
* Place the conf-file in your windows user folderC:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\CodeBlocks.
* Start Code::Blocks with "codeblocks.exe --personality="ask"".
* Choose the personality MinGW_9_2_0_64bit_TDM.
* Once Code::Blocks is open check the settings of the global variables, the compiler tool chain executables and the menu "Tool".
In my zip-file, you will find in my first post yesterday https://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,24487.msg167084.html#msg167084 and in my 3rd post yesterday https://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,24487.msg167094.html#msg167094, I provided screen shots of the associated Code::Blocks dialogs.

The numbers in the names will allow you to differ between the good case and the bad case:

* Good Case: 12240
* Bad Case :  12446
The good case could be shown until the nightly "svn build rev 12286 (2021-01-02 14:06:31) gcc 8.1.0 Windows/unicode - 64 bit".
The bad case could be shown from  the nightly "svn build rev 12312 (2021-04-03 05:14:39) gcc 8.1.0 Windows/unicode - 64 bit" on.

I know that I repeat, what I have already written yesterday. But I hope that this conclusion is helping you to re-produce the issue.

You all payed so much effort in the development and in updating Code::Blocks. I'm especially appreciated that the symbol-browser is working again.
It would be a pity, if this issue would prevent the users of global variables to change to a newer nightly.

Please stay well and healthy,
                                          Eckard Klotz.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version