Author Topic: Some things are not showing in Code::Blocks  (Read 4758 times)

Offline rajin100000

• Single posting newcomer
Some things are not showing in Code::Blocks
« on: May 03, 2021, 12:59:32 pm »
I installed Code::blocks and for some dumb reasons, I uninstalled it. Also, I removed everything from the Local Disk when I searched Code::blocks there. Then I wanted to reinstall it and some problems occurred.

You can see that GNU GCC Compiler is greyed and not found. But I watched so many videos on how to install Code::blocks and I saw the GNU GCC Compiler is not greyed when they downloaded Code::blocks.

You can see that Code::blocks can't find the compiler for GNU GCC Compiler but others have no problems.

Also, I found nothing like this, but when I downloaded it the first time, I saw this box but now it's not showing.

I downloaded Code::blocks from this link https://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/20.03/Windows/32bit/codeblocks-20.03-32bit-mingw-32bit-setup.exe/download
And I am using Windows 7 32 bit operating system.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Some things are not showing in Code::Blocks
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 01:54:36 pm »
Do you have the compiler somewhere on disk?
Have you inspected the values of Settings -> Compiler -> GNU GCC Compiler -> Toolchain executables?

File associations are managed in Settings -> Environment -> General.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline rajin100000

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 06:49:51 pm »
Thanks! It worked. But why didn't it come automatically and I need to set up this? Others didn't have to do it. And I can't reply to any message when I'm using mobile and it is not possible to open my PC every time I need to reply message. So can you please fix this?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 07:10:42 pm »
I don't use windows, so I'm not really sure about the reason. I suppose it is somehow related to the switch to mingw64. If you can tell us what you've exactly did we could try to fix it.

Your report about the posting failure is incomplete. Please post more details.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline sodev

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 07:30:22 pm »
Most probably related to this https://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,24430.0.html issue, at least this (failure when using IPv6) is what prevents me from using a mobile browser to access the forums :(.