Author Topic: Internal error - wxWidgets Debug Alert  (Read 5129 times)

Offline wombat

• Single posting newcomer
Internal error - wxWidgets Debug Alert
« on: April 13, 2021, 11:31:55 pm »
Hi there,

last year I started a topic with the same issue but couldn't reproduce it anymore. Today I found a way. But now the forum says "Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days. Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic." So, here it is.

In a larger uC-project I'm using Code::Blocks and Notepad++ parallel because of some nice features in NPP. For a compiler run the task switch normally works fine and CB asks to update the shown source code. The exceptions is when I activate CB by clicking with the mouse on the titlebar. Clicking in any frame works fine but the titlebar rises an assertation.

Please see attached screenshots for details.

I'm running the actual Win10 with CB and NPP in the latest release versions.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Internal error - wxWidgets Debug Alert
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 12:19:53 am »
Can reproduce it with latest trunk...

Assert is thrown in editormanager.cpp:1012
tried to fix it with
Code
  wxWindow* win = wxWindow::GetCapture();
                if (win && win->HasCapture())
                    win->ReleaseMouse();
but it did not help.... found this:
http://wxwidgets.10942.n7.nabble.com/HasCapture-sometimes-returns-wrong-result-under-Windows-td29846.html
not really helpfull...

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 10:17:37 am »
But now the forum says "Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days. Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic." So, here it is.
This is a case where you're sure you want to reply. You should have used the old topic.
Can you post a link to it?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline wombat

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 09:23:34 pm »
Sorry oBFusCATed, that was a misunderstandig on my side. The first post is here: https://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,24039.msg163923.html#msg163923 Is it possible to merge them? Or should the old topic be deleted? It has no information but the first alert report. Please feel free to do anything that keeps the forum clear and structured. I don't know how to do it.

Thanks to BlueHazzard for reproducing and quick investigation.