Author Topic: Error "The project file does not exist ..." when trying to open multiple project  (Read 5685 times)

Offline c-freak

• Single posting newcomer
Hi,

I'm teaching programming in C. I've created a booklet as PDF file; it contains small example programs and explanation.

Each example program comes with a hyperref "run:Example1/Example1.cbp", "run:Example2/Example2.cbp", and so on.

The expected behavior is: One clicks at the href "run:Example1/Example1.cbp" --> C:B opens, shows the single source folder containing main(), allows for compile & execute.
One clicks at another href "run:Example2/Example2.cbp" --> A second project gets opened, C:B shows the single source folder showing second main(), allows for compile & execute.
And so on for "run:Example3/Example3.cbp", "run:Example4/Example4.cbp", and so on.

Everything works fine for me and 18 of my students, they are using mixed partly Windows and partly OS-X.

It does not work for student #19, he uses Windows 10: If C:B is not yet opened, it's fine. If project #1 is opened, clicking on the next href yields "The project file does not exist ...", but in fact it does exist! He has to close C:B and open again with Example2.cbp to make the next example accessible.

Trying to launch C:B several times (instead of adding the next project to a single C:B instance) doesn't change this behaviour.

Any Ideas?

Thanks to all - Greg.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
What is the command executed when someone clicks on  "run:Example1/Example1.cbp"?
What is different for student 19? Different C::B version?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline c-freak

1. Executed is "C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\codeblocks.exe Example1\Example1.cbp"
2. If only I knew ...
3. All 19 have same version which is latest stable binary - all installed together at beginning of my course ...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 10:06:09 am by c-freak »

Offline c-freak

Edit: For better understanding, I've created attachment. It contains a small sample PDF with href: ... links to three existing small C:B projects, located in Example1 ... Example3 resp.

Online Commaster

• Almost regular
I have a hunch about this issue since we discussed a related topic recently...

Settings->Environment->General settings->Untick Allow only one running instance
Settings->Environment->General settings-> untick use an already running instance

Could it be that 18 students and student #19 have different states of those options?
Or student #19 doesn't unpack the archive into a folder first and runs directly from it?
Otherwise it would be helpful to know if anyone else has the same windows 10 version...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 01:54:39 pm by Commaster »

Offline c-freak

Settings->Environment->General settings->Untick Allow only one running instance

This one did solve the problem! Many thanks!
Asking myself why 19 times ok (me + 18 students) and one time faulty - voodoo!

BR, Greg