Author Topic: threadsearch not found -- CodeBlocks 20.03 on Ubuntu 20.04  (Read 3576 times)

Offline vahalia

• Multiple posting newcomer
threadsearch not found -- CodeBlocks 20.03 on Ubuntu 20.04
« on: April 05, 2021, 06:15:20 pm »
Having used CodeBlocks on Windows for years, I recently set up an Ubuntu system and installed CodeBlocks on it.
I first installed it using the Software Updater, which did not work at all -- it said it installed it, but I could not find it on the system.
Then I downloaded the package and did an apt install from the command line.
When I tried to use it, I found it is missing the ThreadSearch plugin, and I find no way to install/enable it.
I searched the documentation, which had some cryptic statements about it may not be there on some current configurations.
Has this plugin been disabled? Do I need to do something to access it? The methods mentioned in the documentation all lead to dead ends.
HELP.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: threadsearch not found -- CodeBlocks 20.03 on Ubuntu 20.04
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 06:26:43 pm »
install codeblocks-contrib.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline vahalia

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: threadsearch not found -- CodeBlocks 20.03 on Ubuntu 20.04
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 08:01:34 pm »
Thanks much. That worked fine.
BTW, as to your footnotes, I did do a full search and poked around a lot before posting.
Could not find the answer or even a similar question.
I felt stupid not figuring it out myself, but am wondering how I was supposed to have done so.
Apologies for wasting your time.