Author Topic: Wiki is in read only mode  (Read 4107 times)

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Wiki is in read only mode
« on: April 03, 2021, 09:36:09 pm »
This has been commented briefly here https://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,24430.msg166642.html#msg166642, but it deserves it's own thread.

After migration of the wiki it is still in read only mode, allowing only anonymous access.

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
Re: Wiki is in read only mode
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 11:08:17 am »
I have also seen a fewl other problems in the main wiki page:
In Firefox, in the tab, there is a moving icon during several seconds. When this icon stops, the "Anonymous" button is active. But the login windows opens the logon for the forum, not the wiki one apparently. In Edge or Chrome, when the icon stops moving in the tab, the "Anonymous" button stay inactive;

A few links have not been correctly imported apparently.
  In "Download Code::Blocks" you have : /index.php?board=20.0 Nightly builds, which is too short;
  In "Other resources" Community Forums, should be a link;
  In the "Supported compilers" the link to MinGW Gcc opens a www.mingw.org, which has nothing to do with MinGW, at least on my PC (and for me, it's a site in french... strange

So, there is still work on these wiki pages after migration, but we can't help if we can't connect.
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 11:43:18 am »
In "Download Code::Blocks" you have : /index.php?board=20.0 Nightly builds, which is too short;

In that sentence, updated each night should be changed to updated now and then  :D

www.mingw.org has been squatted, in Spain it shows some links in spanish supposedly related to computing.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 05:09:34 am »
The wiki still can't let me login. @mandrav, can you have a look.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.