Author Topic: Is there a problem on forums?  (Read 16893 times)

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
Is there a problem on forums?
« on: March 27, 2021, 07:46:19 pm »
I can use the forums normally from my phone. But from my PC,  using Firefox, Edge or Chrome it's not usable because I obtain often a Database Error, telling me to report this To an administrator. I tried several things as changing user, resetting the cache... until now nothing works except my phone browser !
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Is there a problem on forums?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 07:58:54 pm »
Works OK here with Firefox 87 on Windows 7 and Windows 10

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 09:07:19 pm »
Works also nice for me...

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 01:40:45 pm »
works OK here, either from phone or Windows 7 with Firefox.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 03:25:53 pm »
I continue to have problems and now also from my phone. I have the feeling that it comes from my internet link because it's happen when i use my box. This message is written directly using mobile data on my phone and stopping wifi connection. Quite strange because only the connection to codebblocks forums has this Database Error. All other Internet links work...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 03:27:41 pm by gd_on »
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline New Pagodi

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 11:26:28 pm »
I also can't read the forum.  If I clear the site data and log in again, I can load maybe 1 page before I get nothing but database error messages.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 12:40:30 am »
I see some icon issue:

Do you guys have your own forum icon?
I see most of the forum users have a "Question mark icon". For example, in this thread,  New Pagodi, gd_on, BlueHazzard and Miguel Gimenez's icon are all question marks.
I can see my own icon shown correctly.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 10:00:34 am »
I have no avatar set (no icons) . But some other users have the same configuration and forums work for them. More, if you see a question mark you see the forums with the new look? For me, that was the case last week during 3 or 4 days but now i see them with the old look. But this is not the real problem even if i don't see in my profile if i can change that. As told before the only way i found to communicate with forums is through mobile data on my phone... it's realy tedious!

Online Commaster

• Almost regular
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2021, 11:40:30 am »
Could you hook your PC to the mobile data and open the forum like that? I suspect your ISP might be doing something...

In an ideal situation you could compare the network requests and the received page contents via your ISP and your mobile data.

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2021, 12:21:48 pm »
Yes, I'm able to connect to the C::B forums through mobile data of my phone. But I have to do that from an other PC because my main one is a desktop without bluetooth !
On that other PC, a laptop, I have to connect it to my phone via bluetooth, declare my phone to share the internet connection via mobile data.
OK ... but it's also tedious, and apparently I'm not alone with this problem : New Pagody seems to have the same problem. And of course, only guys able to connect to forums can tell you that they have a problem ! Sometimes, it seems to work, but in the "best" case, after filling a new post, you obtain this Database Error when clicking on the "post" button ! very frustrating !

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2021, 08:56:12 pm »
"Database Error" sounds like something failing on the server, which doesn't seem like something related to the connection between you and the server.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2021, 10:06:25 am »
I agree with you.
But why using mobile data from my phone works and standard internet access from my PCs does not (laptop, desktop and even my phone if I use Wifi to use my box). Not easy to understand.
It's also true that this happend after the switch to a new forum look, and switch back to the old look. But, is it related ?
More, I obtain also this "database error" when I am connected as a guest, not with my account.
I have also remarked that at the bottom of the main forums page, I can see that the number of guest is generally quite high but the number of registered connected users is generally very low (2 or 3 max). If I remember well, it was not like that. But this is just a feeling, maybe. Have you connection statistics to see this: This may indicate some connections problems.

PS : re-reding https://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,24422.msg166571.html#msg166571, I see how to switch between forum looks. But, the problem is not there !
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 10:36:27 am by gd_on »

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2021, 07:27:26 pm »
An interesting test : on the SMF forum itself, for example on https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php, I have no such problems. So, my feeling is that there is something wrong on the C::B forum server. A problem during last week migration maybe.

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2021, 03:50:15 pm »
May be I have found a way to make it work again on my PC. Just a workaround ?
In the configuration of my Ethernet card, I desactivated Internet protocol IpV6 to keep only IpV4 activated. Like that, it seems it work. Very strange !
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 03:53:42 pm by gd_on »

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2021, 03:51:21 pm »
My ISP does not have ipv6 so i can not test this...