Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Compiler Framework Redesign

possible to show color message from compiler log message(ansi escape code)

(1/2) > >>

ollydbg:
Hi, I see a post:

Scintilla / Bugs / #2161 Ansi color codes support

I see that scintilla is already support such feature in year 2016, so maybe we can enable this feature(by parsing the ANSI escape code) in our C::B's compiler log message?

Any ideas?

Pecan:
Wow! What a great idea. I've always wished for colors in the log.
Especially in the DebugLog() function. Green for ok; yellow for info; red for errors.

But for now, I'm swamped supporting TokenTree for LSP responses.

oBFusCATed:
It would be a way better if someone spends some time to find out why builds with many warnings are so massively slower than a builds without warnings...

Avan:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on March 15, 2021, 01:36:56 am ---It would be a way better if someone spends some time to find out why builds with many warnings are so massively slower than a builds without warnings...

--- End quote ---

Wouldn't solving these warnings not do that? Compilers need time to figure these things out, just like us. In my experience dangling warnings are some day going to bite you and they obscure new and really important ones.

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: Avan on March 20, 2021, 08:38:57 am ---
--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on March 15, 2021, 01:36:56 am ---It would be a way better if someone spends some time to find out why builds with many warnings are so massively slower than a builds without warnings...

--- End quote ---

Wouldn't solving these warnings not do that? Compilers need time to figure these things out, just like us. In my experience dangling warnings are some day going to bite you and they obscure new and really important ones.

--- End quote ---

If the slow down is from the C::B side, how can we check it. Disable or Enable the reg expressing parser inside the compiler plugin?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version