Author Topic: Directory Structure Not Conistent With Solution Import  (Read 3619 times)

Tsurumaru

Directory Structure Not Conistent With Solution Import
« on: February 22, 2006, 03:35:52 am »
I imported a Visual C++ .Net 2003 solution into C::B's and my workplace's structure is different from my original solution's structure. Attached is a screenshot of the VS.Net's workspace and then a screenshot of the C::B's workspace. If it helps I could attach my solution and project if need be.

This is using yesterday's build CB_20060220_rev2050

Thanks in advance. I starting to like this IDE much better than Microsoft's and so far this has been the only thing I've found that I didn't like(though a very tiny thing).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
Re: Directory Structure Not Conistent With Solution Import
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 03:55:30 am »
You are just going to have to live with it for now.  Code::Blocks currently represents your files in the same directory tree that they exist in for the local file system.  It just splits them up into three groups based on file extensions and then lays them out based on your local directory tree.  Much work has been talked about setting up a virtual director system but it has been decided currently it is just too much work.

Tsurumaru

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 07:01:12 am »
Cool. Thanks. Like I said it's not that big of a deal just thought I might be missing something. Thanks again.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 08:41:07 am »
Still, you can click "Project->Project tree->Categorize by file types" and then edit the three categories mentioned by Game_Ender at wil using "Project->Project tree->Edit file types & categories".

With this, you might just be able to bring it somewhat closer to what you want it to look like.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Tsurumaru

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 03:29:59 am »
Nice. Thanks for that tip. I've had more time to work with C::B. In fact I'll probably be using it exclusively within the week after I've imported and fixed all my projects and I'm a long time VS user! Great work!