Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

Code completion using LSP and clangd

<< < (2/82) > >>

Pecan:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on February 20, 2021, 11:34:07 pm ---What is the purpose of this LSP plugin? Just provide faster error messages?
In my experience implementing a CC plugin with LSP doesn't work well (don't remember the details).

--- End quote ---

Using  LSP "workspace/publishDiagnostics" with clangd is working well for me. I'ts halved my development time. I no longer have to compile the code to find the errors. They're presented to me as I enter the code or save it.

Clangd supports all the LSP calls plus it's own extensions. So far, I've implemented all CB CC's features via LSP calls except the Symbols browser. Though that's possible to do.

LSP/Clangd is primarily focused on the translation unit (TU). But its still possible to provide a bigger picture by asking for workspace symbols. I haven't tried that (yet).

Pecan:

--- Quote from: ollydbg on February 21, 2021, 01:24:00 am ---...<snip>...
If I remember correctly, there is an option in CodeLite IDE, which can let user select which clangd.dll it will use.

Do you have a code repo which others can build/test this plugin?
...<snip>...

--- End quote ---

CodeLite allows the user to choose the clang to use, but it prioritizes using clangd v10, which it distributes in dir Runtime/lsp.
Later versions of clangd are very independent of llvm/clang. For example clangd v12 can use many llvm/clang versions.

I don't have a repository yet. Things are still very experimental. But I'll work on that.

oBFusCATed:
For the record the latest version of clang is 11.1. clang/llvm 12 is some night build. This would fail dramatically on linux if you base your development on this version at least until clang/llvm 12 is actually released in the summer.

--- Quote from: Pecan on February 22, 2021, 05:27:11 pm ---Clangd supports all the LSP calls plus it's own extensions. So far, I've implemented all CB CC's features via LSP calls except the Symbols browser. Though that's possible to do.

--- End quote ---
I know that, CC features required changes to the CCManager API last time I've tried to do it. At least if you want to provide good experience.
I don't think implementing the diagnostics in another info pane tab is a good idea, but this requires another CCManager change which would allow in-editor-notifications.

Also I don't know how is using a mix of clang/gcc these days, but it was a problem in the past.
Also I'm not sure if it is a good idea to base your LSP plugin on only one implementation. If you're going to do it name it clangd-lsp. :)

Pecan:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on February 22, 2021, 06:05:26 pm ---For the record the latest version of clang is 11.1. clang/llvm 12 is some night build. This would fail dramatically on linux if you base your development on this version at least until clang/llvm 12 is actually released in the summer.

I know that, CC features required changes to the CCManager API last time I've tried to do it. At least if you want to provide good experience.
I don't think implementing the diagnostics in another info pane tab is a good idea, but this requires another CCManager change which would allow in-editor-notifications.

Also I don't know how is using a mix of clang/gcc these days, but it was a problem in the past.
Also I'm not sure if it is a good idea to base your LSP plugin on only one implementation. If you're going to do it name it clangd-lsp. :)

--- End quote ---

In the furture, I'm sure we can generalize to a LSP UI. For the time being, I'm coding a plugin to concentrate learning and experimentation. I'll be happy to name it clangd-lsp. That's a good name.

Good to know clangd v12 rc1 may be out in the summer. I don't expect this plugin will be ready to publish any sooner.

Lazauya:
Do you have a public repo? I'm super interested in contributing to this plugin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version