Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

Code completion using LSP and clangd

<< < (56/85) > >>

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: Pecan on December 15, 2022, 10:23:36 pm ---
--- Quote from: killerbot on December 11, 2022, 10:52:39 am ---today I tried to activate it on my linux box, I first disabled first the regular code completion plug-in, shutdown CB, started CB, then enabled the clangd based plug-in, which suggest me again to close and restart CB, so I did that.
When CB starts up again, it gives me an informational error message, to set the path of the clangd executable but the moment I open up settings-> Editor CB crashes, and I am never able to set it.
Below a snippet from the crash stack:
... snipped ...

--- End quote ---

Finally managed to catch the crash.
Fixed in Head rev 13120.

Thanks

--- End quote ---

Good work, I once see your changes in rev 13120.

--- Code: --- src/plugins/contrib/clangd_client/src/codecompletion/codecompletion.cpp | 1 -
 1 file changed, 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/src/plugins/contrib/clangd_client/src/codecompletion/codecompletion.cpp b/src/plugins/contrib/clangd_client/src/codecompletion/codecompletion.cpp
index cd42a081..22d40c47 100644
--- a/src/plugins/contrib/clangd_client/src/codecompletion/codecompletion.cpp
+++ b/src/plugins/contrib/clangd_client/src/codecompletion/codecompletion.cpp
@@ -2895,7 +2895,6 @@ void ClgdCompletion::OnAppStartupDone(CodeBlocksEvent& event)
             msg << _("\n\nDo you want to use the detected clangd?");

wxWindow* pTopWindow = GetTopWxWindow();
-            cbMessageBox(msg, _("ERROR: Clangd client"), wxOK, pTopWindow);
             if (cbMessageBox(msg, _("ERROR: Clangd client"), wxICON_QUESTION | wxYES_NO, pTopWindow) == wxID_YES)
             {
                 cfg->Write(_T("/LLVM_MasterPath"), fnClangdPath.GetFullPath());

--- End code ---

Maybe, you can add a comment on the pTopWindow, because the next line, there is still a cbMessageBox() function call.
But that function does allow passing a nullptr pTopWindow pointer as the last argument.

killerbot:
gone test the fix soon. Note on the other hand since manually adding this path, I do think the plug-in is doing stuff, since i get information as tooltips.

killerbot:
still happens

<frame level="0" function="CodeBlocksApp::OnFatalException()" offset="00000000"/>
    <frame level="1"/>
    <frame level="2"/>
    <frame level="3" function="wxSpinCtrlGTKBase::DoSetValue(double)" offset="00000000"/>
    <frame level="4" function="CCOptionsDlg::CCOptionsDlg(wxWindow*, ParseManager*, ClgdCompletion*, DocumentationHelper*)" offset="00000ba0"/>
    <frame level="5" function="ClgdCompletion::GetConfigurationPanel(wxWindow*)" offset="0000004b"/>
    <frame level="6" function="PluginManager::GetConfigurationPanels(int, wxWindow*, ConfigurationPanelsArray&amp;, cbConfigurationPanelColoursInterface*)" offset="00000165"/>
    <frame level="7" function="EditorConfigurationDlg::AddPluginPanels()" offset="00000000"/>
    <frame level="8" function="EditorConfigurationDlg::EditorConfigurationDlg(wxWindow*)" offset="00000000"/>
    <frame level="9" function="MainFrame::OnSettingsEditor(wxCommandEvent&amp;)" offset="00000000"/>
    <frame level="10" function="wxEvtHandler::ProcessEventIfMatchesId(wxEventTableEntryBase const&amp;, wxEvtHandler*, wxEvent&amp;)" offset="0000006e"/>
    <frame level="11" function="wxEventHashTable::HandleEvent(wxEvent&amp;, wxEvtHandler*)" offset="00000073"/>

killerbot:
other questions, what should functions calling 'foo' do, it gives me nothing and opens u[ the tab at the bottom of cscope ?

Pecan:

--- Quote from: killerbot on December 16, 2022, 05:47:30 pm ---other questions, what should functions calling 'foo' do, it gives me nothing and opens u[ the tab at the bottom of cscope ?

--- End quote ---

Geez, I have no idea what you're referring to.

What do you mean by "function calling "foo" ?
What do you mean by "bottom of cscope" ?

clangd_client has nothing to do with whatever that is.

Could you show us a list of the plugins you're running? I'll try to configure like your plugin setup.
I'm leaning toward believing we have a plugin conflict here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version