Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

Code completion using LSP and clangd

<< < (43/84) > >>

Pecan:

--- Quote from: ollydbg on October 06, 2022, 03:36:18 am ---
--- Quote from: ollydbg on October 04, 2022, 09:11:14 am ---I did some extra test of how to show the comments.

Here is the log file from CBclangd_client-xxxxx.log:

--- Code: ---...

15:07:41.524 >>> readJson() len:240:
{"id":"textDocument/hover","jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"contents":{"kind":"plaintext","value":"variable m_TcpFile\n\nType: int\nTCP鎺ユ敹鐨勬暟鎹甛n\nint m_TcpFile"},"range":{"end":{"character":13,"line":1},"start":{"character":4,"line":1}}}}

--- End code ---

--- End quote ---

The log file shows the wrong Chinese words.

--- Code: --- int\nTCP鎺ユ敹鐨勬暟鎹甛n\n
--- End code ---

The following patch solves this issue:

--- Code: --- clangd_client/src/LSPclient/client.cpp | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/clangd_client/src/LSPclient/client.cpp b/clangd_client/src/LSPclient/client.cpp
index c4a7729..76d19ca 100644
--- a/clangd_client/src/LSPclient/client.cpp
+++ b/clangd_client/src/LSPclient/client.cpp
@@ -1020,7 +1020,7 @@ bool ProcessLanguageClient::readJson(json &json)
     m_MutexInputBufGuard.Unlock();

if (stdStrInputbuf.size())
-        writeClientLog(wxString::Format(">>> readJson() len:%d:\n%s", length, stdStrInputbuf.c_str()) );
+        writeClientLog(wxString::Format(">>> readJson() len:%d:\n%s", length, GetwxUTF8Str(stdStrInputbuf.c_str()).wx_str()) );

// remove any invalid utf8 chars
     bool validData = DoValidateUTF8data(stdStrInputbuf);

--- End code ---

--- End quote ---

In clangd_client rev 83, I've completely reworked writing to the logs.

The purpose of the logs (for me) is to see exactly what clangd was sending to the CB client. My prior code was not accomplishing that. It was converting std:strings (from clangd) to wxStrings. I should not have done that.

I changed the log code to record the std:strings as clangd sent them, which is much more accurate in my estimation.

Would you retest the the error you're getting to see if rev 83 also gets the error.
If it does, I'd rather fix it using the conversion methods you and sodev suggested in other forum messages without modifying the logs.

Thanks for testing.

MaxGaspa:

--- Quote from: Pecan on October 10, 2022, 06:41:29 am ---
About my replay #203....

Yes, I was finally able to replicate the issue and fix it in the new Nightly 221008.

--- End quote ---

Pecan, I do not want to bore you....

Yes you fixed the issue related to my message #205 but the bugs in #203 is still present (latest nightly and plugin, Win7 and Win10).

I'm observing the plugin in "sleep state" in several way but the one in #203 seems the simpler test case. The most surprising thing is that I need to close CB to force a reparse...

If you need a test project to replicate the issue let me know.

Thank you anyway for your plugin...is usable and good (IMHO)

MAx

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: Pecan on October 10, 2022, 06:59:15 am ---
In clangd_client rev 83, I've completely reworked writing to the logs.

The purpose of the logs (for me) is to see exactly what clangd was sending to the CB client. My prior code was not accomplishing that. It was converting std:strings (from clangd) to wxStrings. I should not have done that.

I changed the log code to record the std:strings as clangd sent them, which is much more accurate in my estimation.

Would you retest the the error you're getting to see if rev 83 also gets the error.
If it does, I'd rather fix it using the conversion methods you and sodev suggested in other forum messages without modifying the logs.

Thanks for testing.

--- End quote ---

Hi, I have just tested this rev83. But it looks like the log still has some error Chinese chars. See the log below:

--- Code: ---{"id":"textDocument/hover","jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"textDocument/hover","params":{"position":{"character":4,"line":5},"textDocument":{"uri":"file:///F:/code/test_clangd_client_tipwin/main.cpp"}}}

19:59:55.500 >>> readJson() len:220:
{"id":"textDocument/hover","jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"contents":{"kind":"plaintext","value":"variable m_AAA\n\nType: int\nABCDEFG\n\nint m_AAA"},"range":{"end":{"character":9,"line":5},"start":{"character":4,"line":5}}}}

19:59:58.665 <<< Hover:
file:///F:/code/test_clangd_client_tipwin/main.cpp,line[1], char[4]

19:59:58.666 <<< Content-Length: 196

{"id":"textDocument/hover","jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"textDocument/hover","params":{"position":{"character":4,"line":1},"textDocument":{"uri":"file:///F:/code/test_clangd_client_tipwin/main.cpp"}}}

19:59:58.750 >>> readJson() len:240:
{"id":"textDocument/hover","jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"contents":{"kind":"plaintext","value":"variable m_TcpFile\n\nType: int\nTCP鎺ユ敹鐨勬暟鎹甛n\nint m_TcpFile"},"range":{"end":{"character":13,"line":1},"start":{"character":4,"line":1}}}}

--- End code ---

I see you have a function named:

std::string StdString_Format(const std::string fmt, ...)

I try to use this patch to avoid the function call, like:

--- Code: ----------------------- clangd_client/src/LSPclient/client.cpp --------------------
index faecc9c..e92c789 100644
@@ -1068,7 +1068,7 @@ bool ProcessLanguageClient::readJson(json &json)
     m_MutexInputBufGuard.Unlock();

if (stdStrInputbuf.size())
-        writeClientLog(StdString_Format(">>> readJson() len:%d:\n%s", length, stdStrInputbuf.c_str()) );
+        writeClientLog(StdString_Format(">>> readJson() len:%d:\n", length) + stdStrInputbuf);

// remove any invalid utf8 chars
     bool validData = DoValidateUTF8data(stdStrInputbuf);

--- End code ---

But I still got the same error result of Chinese chars.  :(

Anyway, though the log file contains error Chinese chars, but the tip window shows correct Chinese words. (I'm showing the whole contents of the hoverString in the tip window)

--- Code: ---         // Example Hover contents: L"instance-method HelloWxWorldFrame::OnAbout\n\nType: void\nParameters:\n- wxCommandEvent & event\n\n// In HelloWxWorldFrame\nprivate: void HelloWxWorldFrame::OnAbout(wxCommandEvent &event)"
         // get string array of hover info separated at /n chars.
         wxString hoverString = contentsValue;

--- End code ---

See image shot below in attachment.

Pecan:

--- Quote from: MaxGaspa on October 10, 2022, 11:17:39 am ---
--- Quote from: Pecan on October 10, 2022, 06:41:29 am ---
About my reply #203....

Yes, I was finally able to replicate the issue and fix it in the new Nightly 221008.

--- End quote ---

Pecan, I do not want to bore you....

Yes you fixed the issue related to my message #205 but the bugs in #203 is still present (latest nightly and plugin, Win7 and Win10).

I'm observing the plugin in "sleep state" in several way but the one in #203 seems the simpler test case. The most surprising thing is that I need to close CB to force a reparse...

If you need a test project to replicate the issue let me know.

Thank you anyway for your plugin...is usable and good (IMHO)

MAx

--- End quote ---
@MaxGaspa
Do NOT think that you bore me. I'm grateful for your help.
Thanks for reporting that the max completion matches list is fixed.

I have not yet had time to investigate the Pause/Sleep ("sleep state") bug.
I agree that it's a bug. I'll look at it very soon.

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: ollydbg on October 10, 2022, 03:21:56 pm ---
But I still got the same error result of Chinese chars.  :(

--- End quote ---

I guess in some stage, the original string(in UTF8) is still translated to the unicode string by my local encoding(GB2312, not the UTF8).

EDIT

--- Code: ---// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
void ProcessLanguageClient::writeClientLog(const std::string& logmsg)
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
{
    if (not lspClientLogFile.IsOpened()) return;
    std::string logcr = "";
    if (not StdString_EndsWith(logmsg, "\n"))
        logcr = "\n";
    lspClientLogFile.Write("\n" + GetTime_in_HH_MM_SS_MMM() + " " + logmsg + logcr);
    lspClientLogFile.Flush();
}
void ProcessLanguageClient::writeServerLog(const std::string& logmsg)
{
    if (not lspServerLogFile.IsOpened()) return;
    lspServerLogFile.Write(logmsg);
    lspServerLogFile.Flush();

--- End code ---

It looks like the wxFFile::Write only accept the wxString, but you passed the std:;string, so the wrong encoding is used for conversion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version