Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

Code completion using LSP and clangd

<< < (42/85) > >>

MaxGaspa:
@pecan

I'm observing another issue using the clangd plugin.

Using a std::vector the list of functions shown are listed in alphabetical order but it seems there is a maximum number of list members. Look at the attached images, all the functions after max_size() are not listed. For example push_back() is not listed but if I write "push" after the dot the plugin is correctly suggesting push_back (look at the attached images).

So it seems that the plugin knows the function push_back() exists but is not showing in the full list.

Is there a way to increase the number of items in the list? Is that limitation intentional?

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: ollydbg on October 04, 2022, 09:11:14 am ---I did some extra test of how to show the comments.

Here is the log file from CBclangd_client-xxxxx.log:

--- Code: ---...

15:07:41.524 >>> readJson() len:240:
{"id":"textDocument/hover","jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"contents":{"kind":"plaintext","value":"variable m_TcpFile\n\nType: int\nTCP鎺ユ敹鐨勬暟鎹甛n\nint m_TcpFile"},"range":{"end":{"character":13,"line":1},"start":{"character":4,"line":1}}}}

--- End code ---

--- End quote ---

The log file shows the wrong Chinese words.

--- Code: --- int\nTCP鎺ユ敹鐨勬暟鎹甛n\n
--- End code ---

The following patch solves this issue:

--- Code: --- clangd_client/src/LSPclient/client.cpp | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/clangd_client/src/LSPclient/client.cpp b/clangd_client/src/LSPclient/client.cpp
index c4a7729..76d19ca 100644
--- a/clangd_client/src/LSPclient/client.cpp
+++ b/clangd_client/src/LSPclient/client.cpp
@@ -1020,7 +1020,7 @@ bool ProcessLanguageClient::readJson(json &json)
     m_MutexInputBufGuard.Unlock();

if (stdStrInputbuf.size())
-        writeClientLog(wxString::Format(">>> readJson() len:%d:\n%s", length, stdStrInputbuf.c_str()) );
+        writeClientLog(wxString::Format(">>> readJson() len:%d:\n%s", length, GetwxUTF8Str(stdStrInputbuf.c_str()).wx_str()) );

// remove any invalid utf8 chars
     bool validData = DoValidateUTF8data(stdStrInputbuf);

--- End code ---

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: ollydbg on October 04, 2022, 01:21:01 pm ---I created a patch which can show the "doxygen comments".

--- End quote ---

I think it again, and I think using the original text from the hover message is good enough. I think we don't need to "cut the chaff".

wxString hoverString = contentsValue;

Just show this, and I tested this method, and it works fine.

MaxGaspa:
@pecan

About my replay #203....

I read the message in which you said you are unable to replicate the issue. I was about to create a test project but it seems that your messagewas deleted. Do you replicated the issue?

Pecan:

--- Quote from: MaxGaspa on October 09, 2022, 11:40:42 pm ---@pecan

About my replay #203....

I read the message in which you said you are unable to replicate the issue. I was about to create a test project but it seems that your messagewas deleted. Do you replicated the issue?

--- End quote ---
Yes, I was finally able to replicate the issue and fix it in the new Nightly 221008.
https://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,25130.msg171351/topicseen.html#msg171351

To change the number of matched completions displayed use Settings/Editor/clangd_client/Maximum allowed code-completion matches.
I suggest you be conservative since the matches are cached, ie., taking up memory until new completions are requested.

Thanks for catching this and for testing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version