Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

Code completion using LSP and clangd

<< < (41/84) > >>

Pecan:
@ollydbg

--- Quote from: ollydbg on September 30, 2022, 09:14:17 am ---OK, I think I have fixed this issue by using such patch:

--- Code: ---From 8523dd2bd9a58d1780c3d2efe9459f7e5fccfb41 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 15:11:28 +0800
Subject: fix the wrong tip code when Chinese comment is used

diff --git a/clangd_client/src/codecompletion/parser/parser.cpp b/clangd_client/src/codecompletion/parser/parser.cpp
index 2b9c5ea..3ddde25 100644
--- a/clangd_client/src/codecompletion/parser/parser.cpp
+++ b/clangd_client/src/codecompletion/parser/parser.cpp
@@ -2546,7 +2546,8 @@ void Parser::OnLSP_HoverResponse(wxCommandEvent& event, std::vector<ClgdCCToken>
         if (not valueItemsCount) return;

json contents = pJson->at("result").at("contents");
-        wxString contentsValue = contents.at("value").get<std::string>();
+        std::string contentsValueStdString = contents.at("value").get<std::string>();
+        wxString contentsValue(contentsValueStdString.c_str(), wxConvUTF8);

// Example Hover contents: L"instance-method HelloWxWorldFrame::OnAbout\n\nType: void\nParameters:\n- wxCommandEvent & event\n\n// In HelloWxWorldFrame\nprivate: void HelloWxWorldFrame::OnAbout(wxCommandEvent &event)"
         // get string array of hover info separated at /n chars.
@@ -2670,7 +2671,8 @@ void Parser::OnLSP_SignatureHelpResponse(wxCommandEvent& event, std::vector<cbCo
         json signatures = pJson->at("result").at("signatures");
         for (size_t labelndx=0; labelndx<signatureCount && labelndx<10; ++labelndx)
         {
-                wxString labelValue = signatures[labelndx].at("label").get<std::string>();
+                std::string labelValueStdString = signatures[labelndx].at("label").get<std::string>();
+                wxString labelValue(labelValueStdString.c_str(), wxConvUTF8);
                 v_SignatureTokens.push_back(cbCodeCompletionPlugin::CCCallTip(labelValue));
         }

--- End code ---

I'm not sure the second hunk is needed, but the first hunk is the true fix.

--- End quote ---

@ollydbg

Would you test Clangd_Client rev 82 or the current nightly clangd_client to see if it solves the tooltip problem?

I've applied your fix for every clangd json std::string reference.
Example:

--- Code: ---
idValue = GetwxUTF8Str(pJson->at("id").get<std::string>());

--- End code ---

GetwxUTFStr is defined as:

--- Code: ---        wxString GetwxUTF8Str(const std::string stdString)
        {
            return wxString(stdString.c_str(), wxConvUTF8);
        }

--- End code ---

Let me know if it works and thanks for testing.

ollydbg:
Hi, pecan, thanks for the fix.

rev 82 works OK.

BTW, Is it possible to show the doxygen document in the tip window? Maybe, clangd already send to us? Thanks.

EDIT:

It looks like this clangd issue in github is related: Doxygen parsing missing Issue #529 clangd/clangd

ollydbg:
I did some extra test of how to show the comments.

Here is the log file from CBclangd_client-xxxxx.log:

--- Code: ---{"id":"textDocument/hover","jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"textDocument/hover","params":{"position":{"character":4,"line":3},"textDocument":{"uri":"file:///F:/code/test_clangd_client_tipwin/main.cpp"}}}

15:06:48.772 >>> readJson() len:220:
{"id":"textDocument/hover","jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"contents":{"kind":"plaintext","value":"variable m_AAA\n\nType: int\nABCDEFG\n\nint m_AAA"},"range":{"end":{"character":9,"line":3},"start":{"character":4,"line":3}}}}

15:07:41.294 <<< Hover:
file:///F:/code/test_clangd_client_tipwin/main.cpp,line[1], char[4]

15:07:41.294 <<< Content-Length: 196

{"id":"textDocument/hover","jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"textDocument/hover","params":{"position":{"character":4,"line":1},"textDocument":{"uri":"file:///F:/code/test_clangd_client_tipwin/main.cpp"}}}

15:07:41.524 >>> readJson() len:240:
{"id":"textDocument/hover","jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"contents":{"kind":"plaintext","value":"variable m_TcpFile\n\nType: int\nTCP鎺ユ敹鐨勬暟鎹甛n\nint m_TcpFile"},"range":{"end":{"character":13,"line":1},"start":{"character":4,"line":1}}}}

--- End code ---

and here is the test code:

--- Code: ---
int m_TcpFile;  ///< TCP接收的数据

int m_AAA; ///< ABCDEFG

int main()
{
    return 0;
}

--- End code ---

You can see, when I hover on the variable "m_TcpFile", the received json contains some wrong contents, I'm not sure why it is not shown in Chinese.
While, for the variable "m_AAA", it shows the "ABCDEFG" correctly.

EDIT

It looks like we just drop the text returned from clangd, after the second \n

Here is the screen shot(in attachment)

The source code looks like in parser.cpp line 2553

--- Code: ---        // Example Hover contents: L"instance-method HelloWxWorldFrame::OnAbout\n\nType: void\nParameters:\n- wxCommandEvent & event\n\n// In HelloWxWorldFrame\nprivate: void HelloWxWorldFrame::OnAbout(wxCommandEvent &event)"
        // get string array of hover info separated at /n chars.
        wxString hoverString = contentsValue;
        hoverString.Replace("\n\n", "\n"); //remove double newline chars
        wxArrayString vHoverInfo = GetArrayFromString(hoverString, "\n");

// **Debugging**
        // LogManager* pLogMgr = Manager::Get()->GetLogManager();
        //    for (size_t ii=0; ii<vHoverInfo.size(); ++ii)
        //        pLogMgr->DebugLog(wxString::Format("vHoverInfo[%d]:%s", int(ii), vHoverInfo[ii]));

// Find items from hover data and cut the chaff
        wxString hoverText;
        for (size_t ii=0, foundIn=false; ii<vHoverInfo.size(); ++ii)
        {
            if (ii < 2) hoverText += vHoverInfo[ii] + "\n"; //type and return value
            if (vHoverInfo[ii].StartsWith("// In "))    //parent
            {
                hoverText += vHoverInfo[ii] += "\n";
                foundIn = true; continue;
            }
            if (foundIn) hoverText += vHoverInfo[ii] + "\n";;
        }//endfor vHoverInfo

v_HoverTokens.push_back(ClgdCCToken(0, hoverText, hoverText));

--- End code ---

MaxGaspa:
@pecan,

I observed an unexpected behavior (i would say a bug) using the latest nightly and latest plugin. I'm observing the issue using both win7 SP1 or Win10 Enterprise.

After I opened a project the plugin started to parse the files starting from "62 more" ....in the meantime I launch the related executable (compiled before). The parser stopped. During the stopping phase the parser is parsing some files without updating the remaining file counter (repeating "59 more")

After closing the executable, the parser didn't restarted, It stayed sleeping. I used the option "Reparse the project" but the new parser was not starting. I opened one of the project's file (Main.cpp) and the parser parsed the opened file (restarting the remaining file counter from 66, not 62!!!! ( the previous starting number)  but then stopped.

I closed Main.cpp and used several times "reparse the project" without success. I closed the project and the reopened it....the parser didn't start.

Then if I close CB and running a new CB loading the same projects used before I got the parser correctly parsing all files form 66 to 0.

I'm attaching the log from CB.

Hope this helps to reproduce the issue (It seems reproducible). I'm using 0 threads while compiling (and running?) and 6 threads concurrently parsing.

It seems there is some "memory" of the past parsing even if I delete the parser....

Max

ollydbg:
I created a patch which can show the "doxygen comments".

--- Code: --- clangd_client/src/codecompletion/parser/parser.cpp | 5 +++--
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/clangd_client/src/codecompletion/parser/parser.cpp b/clangd_client/src/codecompletion/parser/parser.cpp
index 6852ee2..4706432 100644
--- a/clangd_client/src/codecompletion/parser/parser.cpp
+++ b/clangd_client/src/codecompletion/parser/parser.cpp
@@ -2563,13 +2563,14 @@ void Parser::OnLSP_HoverResponse(wxCommandEvent& event, std::vector<ClgdCCToken>
         wxString hoverText;
         for (size_t ii=0, foundIn=false; ii<vHoverInfo.size(); ++ii)
         {
-            if (ii < 2) hoverText += vHoverInfo[ii] + "\n"; //type and return value
             if (vHoverInfo[ii].StartsWith("// In "))    //parent
             {
                 hoverText += vHoverInfo[ii] += "\n";
                 foundIn = true; continue;
             }
-            if (foundIn) hoverText += vHoverInfo[ii] + "\n";;
+            if (foundIn) hoverText += vHoverInfo[ii] + "\n";
+
+            if (ii < 3) hoverText += vHoverInfo[ii] + "\n"; //type and return value  [0]: kind, [1]: type, [2]: comments
         }//endfor vHoverInfo

v_HoverTokens.push_back(ClgdCCToken(0, hoverText, hoverText));

--- End code ---

Normally, I see that

--- Code: ---variable m_AAA\n\nType: int\nABCDEFG\n\nint m_AAA

--- End code ---

There are 3 sections separated by "\n\n", first: "variable m_AAA", second: "Type: int\nABCDEFG", and third: "int m_AAA". Basically the first two sections are needed.

There is two ";" in the original statement, this should be fixed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version