Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

Code completion using LSP and clangd

<< < (39/89) > >>

MaxGaspa:
Dear Pecan,

I'd like to highlight a possible issue with the new clangd pluging.

Look at the attached picture.

The function

void MainFrame::OnWriteA0( wxCommandEvent& event)

is reported (in both clangd toolbar and symbol browser) as

OnWriteA0wxCommandEvent & : void

without any separation character between OnWriteA0   and   wxCommandEvent

Not a big problem but a little bit confusing. Is it possible to insert a space (for example) between the name of the function and the parameter?

MaxGaspa:

--- Quote from: ollydbg on September 29, 2022, 04:24:22 am ---This does not solve the issue.

--- End quote ---

I had the same problem but setting Direct Write fixed it completely, I'm no longer observing the issue in several days of use....I'm using "Source Code Pro" font and the option "LCD Optimized" but my guess is that the font and optimization doesn't matter

(win7 pro and Win10 Entreprise, latest nightly and latest clangd plugin)

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: MaxGaspa on September 29, 2022, 11:11:45 pm ---
--- Quote from: ollydbg on September 29, 2022, 04:24:22 am ---This does not solve the issue.

--- End quote ---

I had the same problem but setting Direct Write fixed it completely, I'm no longer observing the issue in several days of use....I'm using "Source Code Pro" font and the option "LCD Optimized" but my guess is that the font and optimization doesn't matter

--- End quote ---

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I just tried it again. I have enabled the Direct Write, and I changed to many kinds of fonts, and the issue still happens.
This also happens when I disable the Direct Write in the Editor option.

The interesting thing is, when the first time I hover the variable, I got this black rectangle(see the attachment). I just tried several times, and the tip messages are all black rectangles, and it start to show a white rectangle about 5 or 6 times later.

Please note that not the all tooltip window has such issue, it only happens on a specify member variables. I guess that the text try to shown in the tip window masses the tip window, but not the other variables' tip message.

Pecan:

--- Quote from: ollydbg on September 30, 2022, 03:31:06 am ---
--- Quote from: MaxGaspa on September 29, 2022, 11:11:45 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I just tried it again. I have enabled the Direct Write, and I changed to many kinds of fonts, and the issue still happens.
This also happens when I disable the Direct Write in the Editor option.

The interesting thing is, when the first time I hover the variable, I got this black rectangle(see the attachment). I just tried several times, and the tip messages are all black rectangles, and it start to show a white rectangle about 5 or 6 times later.

Please note that not the all tooltip window has such issue, it only happens on a specify member variables. I guess that the text try to shown in the tip window masses the tip window, but not the other variables' tip message.

--- End quote ---

What is the variable(s) or name(s) that cause the issue. So that I can try to catch it in the debugger.

Can you give me some code that causes the issue.
So far, I have not been able to re-create the problem.

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: Pecan on September 30, 2022, 06:15:35 am ---
What is the variable(s) or name(s) that cause the issue. So that I can try to catch it in the debugger.

Can you give me some code that causes the issue.
So far, I have not been able to re-create the problem.

--- End quote ---

See a minimal code below:

--- Code: ---#include <iostream>
#include <fstream>

using namespace std;

// this file is not used any more?
// std::ofstream txtFile;                                 ///< txt信息
std::ofstream m_TcpFile;                                  ///< TCP接收的数据

int main()
{
    cout << "Hello world!" << endl;
    return 0;
}

--- End code ---

My guess is that it is an encoding/decoding error?

Here is the screen shot in attachment.

EDIT

It looks like the comment after the variable definition cause this issue:

--- Code: ---///< TCP接收的数据

--- End code ---

If I remove this comment, the tooltip showns correctly.

The minimal sample can be simplified to:

--- Code: ---int m_TcpFile;  ///< TCP接收的数据

int main()
{
    return 0;
}

--- End code ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version