User forums > Help

Codeblocks Code completion working partially

(1/2) > >>

popashtefan10:
My issue is that the code completion does not show me suggestions for C functions, for example when I type "sca", or "scan" it does not show any function suggestions at all (I wanted it to show scanf). I run codeblocks.exe from C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks. Also, if I run the CbLauncher.exe file from the same folder it shows me scanf, printf and other C functions. Before this issue I have used Codeblocks on the same PC, so I might have changed by mistake some settings which caused this issue.
I reinstalled Codeblocks from the official site, binary releases for Windows, codeblocks-20.03mingw-setup.exe.

Later Edit: the C functions work properly even though they don't show up in the code completion suggestions.

Miguel Gimenez:
Go to Settings -> Editor -> Code completion -> C/C++ parser and verify if at least the first two options are checked

popashtefan10:
All 5 options are checked. Also I have the "Use one parser per project" option checked, even though it doesn't work with the other one as well.

popashtefan10:
I managed to solve the problem by deleting the "Codeblocks" folder inside %APPDATA% after I uninstalled it. I reinstalled CB and code complete works fine.

alexmk:
I found that "Code completion" doesn't work for WxWidgets but only if I chose new project as console application, not wxWidgets. 
wxWidgets compile successfully.
Operationg system - Linux Mint. Code blocks installed from repository.
What setting need to add to fix this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version