Author Topic: Chaning text brightness and background color for inactive text  (Read 3301 times)

Offline hanshuckebein

• Multiple posting newcomer
Chaning text brightness and background color for inactive text
« on: January 14, 2021, 03:29:08 pm »
Is there a possibility to change text brightness and background color for any text and all white space in an inactivated block? For me the text especially of code is much too pale.

I would prefer normal text or text w/o syntax highlighting on a different colored background for inactive blocks.

The Syntax highlighting dialog is nearly unusable and produces quite ugly text, if I try to modify component by component.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Chaning text brightness and background color for inactive text
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 04:00:25 pm »
The Syntax highlighting dialog is nearly unusable and produces quite ugly text, if I try to modify component by component.
What do you mean? It is hard to use, but if you're patient you can sort of get a good looking theme.

There are "inactive" fields in the Syntax highlight settings. I suppose they are used for this.
I don't use the inactive prerprocessor feature, so I can't tell you if this actually works.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline hanshuckebein

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 04:56:42 pm »
There are "inactive" fields in the Syntax highlight settings. I suppose they are used for this.

I know. But the result looks quite ugly. I would like to change the full background color between #if 0 and #endif and the text brightness – 2 adjustment screws would be sufficient.

In the attachment, I changed the background for all items marked as "inactive" to yellow. The unused window background remains unchanged.

PS.: I permanently got an error message from the forum until I logged out and in again:
An Error Has Occurred!
You already submitted this post! You might have accidentally double clicked or tried to refresh the page.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 06:54:13 pm »
Try this same thing in scite or another scintilla based editor and if it works there we could probably do something. Otherwise scintilla should be modified to support this first.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]